Question Monitor shows glitches then 'burns out', goes back to normal after a couple of hours ?

Nov 16, 2021
tl;dr: one of my two monitors goes black but stays on and "live" as far as windows is concerned. after turning it off for a bit, goes back to working, though shows glitches when turning it on even on the monitor boot screen so i assume its the monitor not a gpu/other issue ?

i bought my machine around a year ago, picked out the parts but had the shop put it together. running a geforce rtx 2060 with two screens, Viewsonic VP2768 (bought 3 years ago, using hdmi cable) and a Iiyama G-Master Red Eagle GB3461WQSU-B1 (bought last year, display port cable).

the Iiyama (my primary screen) recently seemed to have some tiny flashes and stuff, but always nearly unnoticeable and i always put it down to maybe just some rendering glitch in chrome or something other, maybe tiny gfx driver thing.

then maybe two weeks ago while gaming the iiyama went black, though the power LED stays blue. other screen still works though, and windows also acts as if that the screen is still live, no program moves around or anything. when i manually turn the screen off all the windows move to the viewsonic, i turn the iiyama back on (to just a black screen) and the windows leave the viewsonic again, and if i try to open nvidia control panel or anything it will also open, but be located on the black screen.
i decided to postpone everything to later and turned off my machine. couple of hours later i turned it back on and everything went back to working flawlessly. decided to update my gfx drivers just in case, and that was it.

then later after maybe using the computer for about 3 hours of just browsing and office stuff, so nothing GPU intensive, the screen went black again, with some sort of venetian blind like effect (imagine this in reverse and faster), i checked task manager but it says GPU temp was at 42°C or something so safe to say its not overheating. since then it's been basically doing this over and over, sometimes working ok for a full day, then sometimes suddenly just going brown on me. managed to capture it once as well while trying to power it back on. View: https://imgur.com/a/YiozvZ1
most interesting in this case to me is how the image seems to freeze before it's all blacking out.

so.. considering the glitch and everything is visible on the monitor boot up screen can i safely assume its a monitor issue and not GPU / cable / other related ?

some more glitch pictures i managed to snap : View: https://imgur.com/a/fNnT8gn

Nov 16, 2021
Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 850W
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 Windforce OC 6G 2.0
MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

i monitored the GPU temp and it's happening these days when im just doing regular office stuff and the temp is around 42° to 45°C or so..
malware scan also didn't show anything..

usually the monitor just comes back eventually, without me rebooting the computer or anything, and then just works again for a couple of days.