[SOLVED] Monitor stand / arm recommendations please?

sentur

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2013
Can anyone recommend a screen mount that will support the following:

• 23" Apple Cinema Display
  • 24" Dell Display
  • Displays in landscape stacked on top of each other. Apple Cinema is my main display(on bottom), Dell secondary display (on top)
At some point in the next 6 months I'm likely to upgrade one of the displays to a 27". It'd be good if I could keep the stand and reuse it.

One last caveat, my desk isn't massive (hence the setup above) and it doesn't have much of a lip for a clamp to grab onto. Probably 25mm sticks out before the desk and it's chamfered. So I guess it would need some legs or to be screwed into the wood worktop?

Solution
Do you want to stay the vertical arrangement or change to side-by-side?

My sense is vertical but no harm in asking/verifying.

I bought the single arm version of this stand a couple of years ago.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insign...p-monitor-mount-black/6343553.p?skuId=6343553

Very adjustable and I used the clamp to fix the stand to the back edge of the table that I use for a desk. Had lots of room for clamping.

What dual monitor mount are you currently using and how is that mount currently attached to your desk?

Are you able to do some "carpentry" on your desk? Is the desk real wood or some particle board product?

Overall there are choices available but they are often pricey. What is your budget...

Ralston18

Titan

My sense is vertical but no harm in asking/verifying.

I bought the single arm version of this stand a couple of years ago.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insign...p-monitor-mount-black/6343553.p?skuId=6343553

Very adjustable and I used the clamp to fix the stand to the back edge of the table that I use for a desk. Had lots of room for clamping.

What dual monitor mount are you currently using and how is that mount currently attached to your desk?

Are you able to do some "carpentry" on your desk? Is the desk real wood or some particle board product?

Overall there are choices available but they are often pricey. What is your budget?

A desk based stand is likely to be your best choice but if there are younger folks around that could be risky. Floor based stands tend to be expensive - more for commercial usage.

Google: "vertical dual monitor floor stand" for ideas.

Also found the following website link:

https://www.ergomart.com/monitor-mo...-computer-floor-stands-custom-mounting-system

May give you some more ideas - especially if you are a bit handy or know someone who is. DIY may be viable to some extent.

Solution

sentur

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2013
Thanks for the advice!

I want the arms to stay in the vertical position, so I can make the best use of the space on my desk.

I'm using the stands that came with the displays originally and they sit on the top of my desk worktop.

The desk is a plywood top. I could drill into it but doing anything more than that would be out of my comfort zone.

Overall there are choices available but they are often pricey. What is your budget?
Ideally under £75 GBP. But could stretch to £100GBP.

A desk based stand is likely to be your best choice but if there are younger folks around that could be risky.
There are no kids (just a cat) but I dought they'd be able to knock the whole thing over?

Ralston18

Titan
You are welcome.

Overall, I think you just need more ideas and options.

Google words and phrases and sort down to images. E.g., "DIY monitor vertical stands"

https://www.mymydiy.com/diy-computer-monitor-stands/

Full disclosure: some of the suggestions are bit shaky - pun intended.

However, you may find something or a leading idea within your comfort zone or within the abilities of a family member or friend.

As for the cat - never underestimate a cat. Even if not named "Murphy". :)