Question Monitor unplugs when I turn it off ?

pops87

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2016
Hello,
I swapped GPU to a 3080ti and it doesn't have DVI port. I run my 144hz monitor on DVI port because on DP and HDMI my monitor unplugs when I turn it off and all my windows move to different monitor (and I have a lot of them) and it's so annoying to move them back again. It's a AOC G2460FQ 144Hz Gaming! and Windows 10.

I don't know if it's the issue with my monitor or is this normal?

If I buy a cable DP to DVI dual link for 144hz will this solve my problem?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Just two monitors correct?

Right click an open area of your desktop.

A pop-up window will appear with a menu choice to open the GPU's Control Panel. (Or if the option is not immediately shown then select " Show more options".

Take a closer look at Multiple displays and double check the configuration options.

pops87

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2016
This is normal behavior.

That probably won't solve anything.
OMG... really? I can't live like this... it takes me like 3 mins to move everything to my main monitor and it's so annoying. How do I make my monitor not disconnect when off then? ;/ Cuz my other monitor and a TV doesn't do that upon turning off. They are on DP slot in GPU with d-sub/dvi adapter (cuz they are old) like this
qotpC38.jpg

Is it because of 144hz on main - 2nd monitor and TV have 60hz?

Take a closer look at Multiple displays and double check the configuration options.
With the adapters it shows me the slot is what is monitor port not GPU port so maybe the the cable (or adapter) will solve this. AOC shows DP port. But I can't use d-sub ofc cuz I want 144hz so another adapter XD
vVTlVbb.jpg

Last edited:

pops87

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2016
The cable works but cant get 144hz to work on it... How to make DP to DVI cable work with 144hz?

I can just use HDMI cable... well my monitor doesn't disconnect when I turn it off on HDMI like on DP but then again 144hz not working...

I set custom 144hz in drivers and this is what I get
qM7IwqI.png

What the hell is going on... When I go down on Hz it slowly disappears and at 130Hz its gone.

Last edited: