[SOLVED] Monitor won't read my computer after installing GTX1650 driver

Nov 30, 2019
I recently installed a GTX 1650 and a EVGA 500W 80+ Gold and I've been having some trouble trying to get my monitor to display. Normally I had my computer display through RGB so I switched to HDMI upon installing. It was able to work for a bit until I restarted after trying to install the driver. Now I can't seem to get it to work. (I went directly to the NVIDIA website to get this and I downloaded the GeForce 16 series driver) Also how do I remove the GPU if I have to end up reinstalling it?

I'm not able to get my full specs since I can't even see my computer at the moment.
Dell Inspiron i3847-5078BK x64 based PC

Monitor is VIZIO E241i-B1

20191203_204602.jpg
20191203_204541.jpg

20191203_204548.jpg

Solution
Yes, you need the hardware installed to install drivers for it; in this case the graphics card and its driver.

At this point I'm a bit lost on your monitor set up. No graphics card and motherboard output via VGA is fine (from what I can tell). But are you attaching a second display to the graphics card with the original still intact? Or connecting the same monitor with both the VGA and HDMI cables?

Lutfij

Titan
Your prebuilt system is on BIOS version A04. you currently have 6 more BIOS updates before you reach version A11 with A05, A06, A07, A08, A09, A10 between them. Update the BIOS gradually until you reach version A11. before you do that, remove the discrete GPU and using only the iGPU, perform the BIOS updates. Also, use DDU to remove your Nvidia drivers.

In case you're in doubt which drivers to get, try this link for the latest.

Nov 30, 2019
So perform the updates after removing the GTX 1650? Got it.

In my original question I asked how to physically remove the card from my computer. Having only recently installed it, Im completely lost on how to get it out. There doesn't apprear to be any panels I need to press.

Nov 30, 2019
So I followed Lutij's advice and I've updated my BIOS to A11 without the graphics card (it wasn't going to let me turn on the computer with it anyway) and I used DDU to remove the older NVIDIA driver that I installed before the computer stopped working. (You did mention that I have to install the Dell drivers gradually but upon installing for latest updates it went straight to A11. I'm not sure how to go back and get the other ones if necessary.)

It still doesn't seem like my computer is letting me use the GPU. I assume I need to have the GTX 1650 installed to download the latest driver but I can't display my computer at all while the GPU is in. Whenever the graphics card isn't in the PCI slot, I can use my computer through RGB but when it's plugged in with the HDMI cable it doesn't read it and my RGB channel just shows the instruction of plugging in the HDMI cable.

The computer turns on and the fan is blowing but the monitor doesn't respond whenever the GPU is in.

Yes, you need the hardware installed to install drivers for it; in this case the graphics card and its driver.

At this point I'm a bit lost on your monitor set up. No graphics card and motherboard output via VGA is fine (from what I can tell). But are you attaching a second display to the graphics card with the original still intact? Or connecting the same monitor with both the VGA and HDMI cables?

Solution
For one monitor it's often a case of either/or. I think the situation is being complicated when you're using both cables.

Likelihood is, the output is still from the motherboard via VGA.

Have you tried removing the VGA cable and connecting only the HDMI to the graphics card?

lynx1021

Distinguished
Someone said on a Dell forum "
Re: can't access bios on Inspiron 3847 NON DELL CARDS Will not BOOT or post with SECURE BOOT ENABLED"
https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron-Desktops/can-t-access-bios-on-Inspiron-3847/td-p/5975577 May have to go in Bios and turn secure boot off.
Most computers will auto switch from the onboard graphics to the graphics card when it is installed but you may have to go into the BIOS and turn the onboard off and then Windows will use generic drivers until you get the right ones installed. Did you plug in the 6 pin power connector on the top of the card?

TRENDING THREADS