[SOLVED] Monitor wont turn on after properly shutting down computer, unless I use the power button to turn it off

Jan 21, 2021
Hi, as the title says I have been having this issue since I built my pc last year, everything works perfectly fine other than this one particular issue. I keep getting a no signal after shutting down the pc through the OS and turning it back on later, pc fans power on properly but the display shows a no signal, but it works whenever I turn it off and back on using the power button, this problem doesnt occur with restarts only with shutdowns.
Specs:
ryzen 5 3600
Nvidia RTX 2070s
samsung ssd 860 evo 500gb
1 tb hdd
MSI b450 tomahawk max

Solution
Are you using a DisplayPort cable to connect to the monitor? This is a known issue that can be caused by DisplayPort cables. I would try to get a new DisplayPort cable to see if that fixes the issue.
Jan 21, 2021
Are you using a DisplayPort cable to connect to the monitor? This is a known issue that can be caused by DisplayPort cables. I would try to get a new DisplayPort cable to see if that fixes the issue.
Yes I am using a display port for 144hz, ill see if I can get a new one but I also want to know if anyone else had this issue and resolved since I couldnt really find similar cases to mine