Question Monitors lose input and black screen when I launch a game but the pc continues to work because i can still hear my game and friends in discord.

Sep 5, 2022
After playing Middle-earth for 4 hrs my pc stop sending input to my monitors and black screened after i reset it by holding the power button it will black screen every time i launch a game but only when i launch a game because i can still browse the internet just fine.

Specs:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
some micro-atx motherboard not sure but its an hp omen
Cooler Master 500w PSU
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core
8.0x2 GB RAM
Windows 11

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
What model is that Cooler Master psu? Usually not a psu that is qualified to run this kind of hardware when those parts are pushed to the limit. Seeing that less demanding stuff doesn't give problems is the psu for me first suspect.

Sep 5, 2022
Yeah I've tried a new cable and replaced the drivers with the newest ones but it didn't work and I don't think its an overheating issue because the temps are normal when the black screen occurs so maybe its just a GPU going bad I've had it for a 1.5 years

Sep 5, 2022
So it ended up being the GPU that was busted when I took it to a repair shop to test it because my buddies wouldn't let me test their GPU, they replaced the GPU with another and it worked good so I bought a new GPU and now it runs perfect. To be honest I thought it was the GPU from the beginning but I was hoping it was something cheaper.

Reactions: Vic 40