[SOLVED] More or less than 60 fps

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019
Hello I recently bought a Zotac 1660 Ti used and its not doing what i was expecting to the point where I think my 1060 3gb is the same as the 1660Ti. I updated all my drivers from Geforce and disabled V sync from nvidia panel and In-game. I had csgo at 40 fps metro LL 45-50 fps and other games like that only L4D2 had good framerates. I know this card is better than that but why does it suck with me.

I5 7400 3.0
Zotac 1660Ti 6gbs
8Gb Ram Hynix
240+480 SSD
750W PSU
Samsung monitor 59Hz or 60

Note: I know I should upgrade my monitor for more fps but im not even getting to 60 fps and if i lower graphics for exemple in metro LL ill get to 80 fps. Something not right!

Solution
Unbranded chinese PSU i think from aliexpress but it was always good and when i had my 1060 I never had a fps problem.
What you just wrote most probably is the root of your problem. PSU is something you should never cheap out or buy without thinking if what you buy is reliable and has the proper fail-safes. It's the heart of your system and it literally makes everything work. If you buy a bad one, when it fails it might as well take some of the components with it, or even start a fire (NOT kidding).

Open the case and take a photo of it especially the sticker that shows the wattage on each rail (3,3V, 5V, 12V) , upload it to imgur and post the link here.

I have a TV should i try it maybe it might give me a fps boost

If...

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019
What is the exact make and model of your PSU? You only mention wattage which means nothing.

Did you use DDU to remove and reinstall drivers?
How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card drivers. | Tom's Hardware Forum

8GB of RAM is limiting when it comes to gaming. This might have something to do with your issue although, not the full problem.

Do you have latest BIOS and windows updates?

Unbranded chinese PSU i think from aliexpress but it was always good and when i had my 1060 I never had a fps problem. No I didnt reinstall drivers it had old driver and i updated and saw a fps boost but not enough. Yes latest bios for my z270 strix and also windows update which did help me and yes last version. Idk theres something fishy here. I have a TV should i try it maybe it might give me a fps boost

Unbranded chinese PSU i think from aliexpress but it was always good and when i had my 1060 I never had a fps problem.
What you just wrote most probably is the root of your problem. PSU is something you should never cheap out or buy without thinking if what you buy is reliable and has the proper fail-safes. It's the heart of your system and it literally makes everything work. If you buy a bad one, when it fails it might as well take some of the components with it, or even start a fire (NOT kidding).

Open the case and take a photo of it especially the sticker that shows the wattage on each rail (3,3V, 5V, 12V) , upload it to imgur and post the link here.

I have a TV should i try it maybe it might give me a fps boost

If you change the windshield of your car, will it make the car run faster? It won't have an effect.

The PSU and RAM are your issues.

Solution

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019

If you change the windshield of your car, will it make the car run faster? It won't have an effect.

The PSU and RAM are your issues.
Okay thanks for the reply what would u propose as a PSU since i spent alot of money im gonna get a cheap but branded one like id pay 100 bucks top

my specs are
i5 7400
1660ti zotac
z270e strix
8gb ram