Question Most of my fans stopped working

Sep 5, 2022
Hi,
at some point most of my fans stopped working. Did not apply any changes to my PC. Out of 8 fans, only two from PC case works and one from the cooler.

After rebooting, the graphics card fans (2) run for a while and then stop working. From my CPU coller only 1 works,

My PC rarly can reboot to BIOS and then to Windows, mostly it stops before BIOS w/out any sound from the speaker, if it manages to reboot to windows, it is still without working fans. For me looks like it is some power problem.

What I tried and it failed:
connect other PSU
Cleaned PC + plug off and plug in all cables with components
Update BIOS

I personally feel that I am dealing with a motherboard problem, I'm ready to buy a new one, but before I will do it,
I would like to make sure that this is it.

What else could I do to make sure what is causing my problems? Is it possible that some from my PC components may cause such a problem?

Motherboard: Asus Z87 Extreme4

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSUs (original and "other PSU"): make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

Modular PSUs? If modular, did you use use any cables from the other PSU when swapping/testing? Or power cables from any other source?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Case & fans: Make, model, arrangement? How are the connections being made? Any splitters, adapters, and/or extensions?

Is is possible for you to take a photograph of the case internals and post an image here via imgur (www.imgur.com)?

Be careful not to show any personally identifying information in the photo(s).