Build Advice (Mostly) New build. RAM, Mobo, Cooling Advice

Diggen

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2013
Putting together a mostly new build with a Ryzen 7 5800x, which is a switch from my old Intel so ending up with a mobo swap and figured ram could do with an upgrade as well. Couple other questions mixed in.

Already own.
Questions.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 (Not super)
<- Will probably swap this out next year.

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 750w Modular <-Will this handle a future GPU upgrade?

Ram: Looking at Patriot Viper SS 3600 16gb(2 x 8) yay or nay? Also should I be looking at 2 16gb sticks instead for a little more headroom? The patriot Vipers have plenty of options for total gb's.
Alternate 32gb options - Crucial Ballistix 3600 / G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600
Worth noting - I don't care about the RGB at all. Might even prefer it without.

Mobo: Help? Looking for something in the $250 or less range.
Considerations -
MSI x570 Tomahawk
ASUS TUF Gaming x570-Pro
I'm not sure if I'm missing any sort of significant differences in these two. I'd like to have the bios flashback and USB-c upgrade (for the TUF Pro over the Plus). I realize stock may be in an issue for these boards as well.

Case: Lian-Li Mesh 2 Performance

Cooling: I've read that the 5800x runs a bit hot and can greatly benefit from an AIO cooler. Open to suggestions on this up to 360mm radiator. The Arctic II seems to have solid reviews for its price-point.

SSD: 970 EVO Plus x2

Edit: I'm in the states.

Budget isn't super strict but I also don't need $350 worth of ram. If I should go with 2 x 16gb ram then I'd like to stay around $150. 2 x 8's aren't crazy expensive so if that's the case only worried about quality sticks.
Motherboard: 250ish range
Cooling: $100-150 preferably

So around 550 on the high end for those 3 parts.

Peripherals:
Keyboard + Mouse
Gamepad - Orbweaver
Desktop Mic
Headphones

Dual Monitors.

Not looking to change any of the peripherals, just listing for components sake.

General use is gaming + some heavier multitasking for work. I play a lot of FPS games but don't mind the occasional RPG and would like them to look nice when I do.

-Thank you for any assistance-

Last edited: