Mother board choice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ICIT

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Am planning my next build and don't want to make the mistake I made with this one - i5 2500 and Gigabyte H67 board.
I see there was a question asked recently re Asus boards and I am still not sure form the answers given what the difference is between an ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Motherboard and an ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard - the difference as in the M and V.

I can see the specs but as the M is almost $100 less than the V I would really appreciate someone who is well acquainted with these things. I just have computing as a pre retirement hobby really - do a bit of fixing for friends and workmates but just for myself would like to have a go at over clocking now.

If it means getting the more expensive board then I will but like everyone would like to keep the cost down a bit.

Oh I intend on using the Intel Core i5 3570K for the build, plus some fast RAM. :??:

ICIT

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Ok Nikkor just I like using the mixer on the Xonar - have one in this machine and a I am 95% deaf in left ear makes to good to even things up a bit LOL!! Plus it's on;y $39 and well yo can't grumble too much about that eh?

Hey but I do appreciate the help at least I feel much more confident and at ease in picking that board now.

By the by I have often Googled stuff and this forum always comes up and theres always something interesting and links to similar things / queries!

Thanks so much for your time and patience!:-D

TRENDING THREADS