Question Motherboard and CPU Replacement Need Help please

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 1, 2024
The Ryzen 3600 is VERY competent for gaming still, unless you wanna push over 120fps. I have a 7800x3D and my secondary rig has a 5600, but before that it was a 3600. And they're both awesome for gaming. So if your primary goal is improving ur gaming experience, get a better graphics card and that's it.

Maybe you can get like a RTX 3080 for a good price on the used market. Pretty beefy card still. Or the 3080ti for more performance and 2more gigs of vram....
I play Guild wars 2 which works with CPU more than GPU , but I will be looking for a USED card here . thank you very very much .

Aug 1, 2024
IF my money is tight & you want some degree of "future proofing". AM5 is the way to go, you could get an A620 board, a Ryzen 5 7600, heck you could even get an 8000 series for cheaper like the 8500G & a cheap kit of 32GB ram or even a 16GB kit for the time being.
The price competitiveness of DDR4 V DDR5 RAM is a very real thing nowadays, shop around you'll be surprised. There are A620 boards that are as cheap as B550 boards. MSI make a B650 board for 10 bucks more than an A620, so there is something to think about with a little rese
thank you for your advice , I will just wait till I will really need the upgrade and also be able to afford a decent AM5 Build

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
So should I just get the new motherboard and a cheaper cooler?

Yes , thank you very much . I have Ordered the MSi mobo and the 7 7500x3D with this cooler DeepCool AK400 Zero Dark Plus , I will just save more because I want to get a decent build when I upgrade to AM5 , I don't want to make the same mistake I made First .
The 5700x3d is a good chip and should serve you well. Taking the concerns of the previous motherboard out of the equation as well makes things simpler. I hope it all works out well for you bud.

You also now have an additional motherboard, cpu and cooler which you can either sell on or reuse as a second computer / donate to a friend.