Question Motherboard compatible with my ram?

Lucas Paradise

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
So I've been purchasing parts my upcoming build as the parts go on sale. I've already purchased a Ryzen 5 2600 and an Asus B350-f gaming. I've been looking at ram lately and was told that in order for the ram to reach 3000mhz or good gaming speeds, I'd need to get a different motherboard.

So, should I cut my losses and buy a B450/X470 board? Should I just buy some ram and hope for the best? Is there even a problem at all?

Thank you all for your answers!

Lutfij

Titan
With Ryzen the faster the ram, the better the performance. I'd look into DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kits and yes you should be best off with a B450 chipset board, primarily because the B350 boards(although can accept the 2600 with a BIOS update) lack the proper power delivery for the CPU.

Lucas Paradise

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
With Ryzen the faster the ram, the better the performance. I'd look into DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kits and yes you should be best off with a B450 chipset board, primarily because the B350 boards(although can accept the 2600 with a BIOS update) lack the proper power delivery for the CPU.

So do you think I should just cut my losses (about $100) and buy another motherboard? I don't plan on overclocking, I just want the ram to run at at least 3000mhz stable.