Question Motherboard/CPU upgrade problem. Please help!

Jan 3, 2019
I just upgraded my CPU and I am getting an error. Intel motherboard is beeping 3 times, which I understand is a ram problem. I did not touch my ram during the cpu replacement, though, and when I tried different ram sticks, the same error occurred. Can someone help? No idea what's wrong. I tried resetting the CPU as well.

Jan 3, 2019
So I've never updated my bios before. Heard too many horror stories a out people bricking their mobos haha. I just reinstalled the old CPU. Looks like bios version 0034. Is that what you're looking for? So I need to update to 0042 according to the chart?

Jan 3, 2019
Ok so after the bios uodate, there are no error beeps. So thank you very much for the help. New message appears when I start the computer, before I can even access the bios. It says that my intel management engine is out of date and to proceed at my own risk. Press enter key to ignore the message. So should I be updating my IME? What risks are there if I don't?

Jan 3, 2019

No I have not tried that yet. It's telling me that I need to update the Intel management engine from version 7 to at least 8. Anyone know if this is necessary?