Question Motherboard cycling through Q-leds but not booting.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 24, 2022
I have a ROG Strix B450-F Gaming ii motherboard, Ryzen 5 3600, 2x 8gb ddr4 ram sticks, Radeon 6600 xt gpu, and a 600 watt psu.

I recently bought this new motherboard due to me thinking I had a dead board but as of now the board cycles through the possibly problems(Dram, Cpu, Vga) and doesnt want to display. I had the same problem with my old motherboard and before then my computer shutdown randomly and wouldn't boot or display afterward so I think something must've happened for it to shutdown like that.

Please help me find the source of this problem.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Xmp stands for Intel eXtreme Memory Profile. It's copywrited/patented. For Amd boards Asus chose to call their 'xmp', DOCP so they wouldn't have to pay Intel royalties. It's slightly different on a code level, but essentially is the same thing.

Mar 24, 2022
Xmp stands for Intel eXtreme Memory Profile. It's copywrited/patented. For Amd boards Asus chose to call their 'xmp', DOCP so they wouldn't have to pay Intel royalties. It's slightly different on a code level, but essentially is the same thing.
Oh ok I'll try it out when I get home.

Mar 24, 2022
Update: I have now been able to find the source of the problem, I had bought a ryzen 5 5600x and installed it and was able to display almost instantly and boot into windows.

Im still not really sure what happened to my old cpu but all I know that this was the source of the problem.

Last edited: