Motherboard doesnt have 4 pin connector for fans alternative?

Nosaj_1

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Hey guys so I'm planning to buy a new CPU cooling fan, but the one that i want has 4 pin female connector and I dont think my motherboard has 4 pin male connector for that because it's fairly old. Do you guys know where else I can connect it? Thanks, your comments will be very much appreciated. here's my mother board in case i don't see if it has 4 pin male connector

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c02560084

Solution
If you use a molex or 3pin to 4pin connector i would recommend to purchase a low to mid speed fan, because you will loose the rpm regulation of the fan and it will allways spin at full speed and some fans would make a lot of noise at full speed,

Btw, you could also connect a 4 pin to a 3 pin, as previous posters said only loose the rpm control.
It's important that dont purchase a PWM fan, they work on a diferent technology.
It looks like your motherboard has 3pin fan connector. You can connect 4pin cooler to it easy.
BTW, what's the cooler model name - you want to buy?

Anyway - you can also get molex to fan adapter.
a_cable_acoustic_pc_3_pin_to_4_pin_molex_cable_adaptor.jpg

Nosaj_1

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

What did you mean i can connect 4 cooler to it easilty? and how? I need something that has 4pin male connector for it. The one you sent me only has 3 pin male connector so it won't work

Here's the one im looking to buy

--http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186039&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleKWLess&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleKWLess-_-DSA-_-CategoryPages-_-NA&gclid=Cj0KEQjwg8i_BRCT9dHt5ZSGi90BEiQAItdjpPBdZFkAtRlgGcBZ4_mbTZ4-dWHo5g74agqybS7C5KwaAnYk8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

juanrdp

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
If you use a molex or 3pin to 4pin connector i would recommend to purchase a low to mid speed fan, because you will loose the rpm regulation of the fan and it will allways spin at full speed and some fans would make a lot of noise at full speed,

Btw, you could also connect a 4 pin to a 3 pin, as previous posters said only loose the rpm control.
It's important that dont purchase a PWM fan, they work on a diferent technology.

Solution

Nosaj_1

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

I won't mind fan noise, but thank you