Question Motherboard Error Codes - MSI - MEG - UNIFY - X Z690

Apr 1, 2023
Hi!

I have MSI - MEG - UNIFY - X - Z690 motherboard. It's working fine and I haven't had any issues whatsoever in 1 year and 4 months.

However, I have rotating error codes that are being displayed.

30-31-59-60.

I'm able to use the XMP 1 profile without any issue, and the ram detects fine.

I have updated to the latest bios.

Just wondering, should I be concerned and what/ if any are my next steps?

Thanks for helping out!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you currently on?

Apr 1, 2023
Whoops, sorry about that! Should have checked the FAQ before posting. Apologies.

CPU:i9-12900K
CPU cooler:ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420
Motherboard:MEG Z690 UNIFY-X (MS-7D28)
Ram: Kingston Fury Beast DDR 5 - 5200 (I bought these separately - 2 weeks apart) But they weren't in a kit
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb
GPU: RTX 4090 Gigabyte AD 102-300
PSU: MSI - MPG A1000G PCIE 5.0,
Chassis: Phanteks Enthoo 719 High Performance Full-Tower (PH-ES719LTG_DBK01)
Monitor: LG C2 42 Inch
please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. - 5.5 months

As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you currently on? SMBIOS Version 3.5 (janury 2023)

Apr 1, 2023
The code numbers are appearing once Windows is loaded. For example, I'm in my browser right now and writing this. The code is shifting between 30 & 31. It was code 58 roughly 1 minute ago.

I have CPUID HW Monitor active, and the CPU temperatures are steady between 29 & 33 Celsius.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Thank you so much for the clarification!

I really appreciate the help. I have been very antsy with the 4090 and concerns with a potential fire.

Your answer made my day!

Enjoy your Sunday!

You are welcome.

To be fair, if I had not recently purchased the ATX version of that model board (different chipset), I probably would not have known without hunting.

Apr 1, 2023
Hey, I'll take that win any day!

Sharing knowledge is great - I won't forget this tidbit of information!

Cheers to a successful hunt!

You are welcome.

To be fair, if I had not recently purchased the ATX version of that model board (different chipset), I probably would not have known without hunting.