Question Motherboard filled by O.E.M

WinDroidTech

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
When I check my motherboard details, it always shows that "To be filled by O.E.M". It doesn't shows any model
My question is there any problem in installing a GPU cuz I see people telling that the motherboard BIOS is locked so....

When I check my motherboard details, it always shows that "To be filled by O.E.M". It doesn't shows any model
My question is there any problem in installing a GPU cuz I see people telling that the motherboard BIOS is locked so....
Motherboard BIOS being 'locked' can mean any number of things. What are the rest of your system spec's?

Motherboards we buy 'off the shelf', in retail packaging, are also sold in lot quantities to system builders. Pre-built system mfr's will put branding and serial number information in a secure location provided for the purpose to identify their product for warranty and other purposes. When sold retail, those spaces are left blank or with that notice..."To be filled by O.E.M".

A VAR might just take retail parts off the shelf to put together a pre-built system to sell, so those fields would likely remain unfilled. There aren't many VAR's (Value Added Retailer) in the US today since American consumers tend to align with product branding above actual performance.

And Amazon has pretty much killed off the 'computer show', where you'd pick out parts like vegetables at the market and they'd throw it together as you watched. No careful cable management, no time.

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Your BIOS is not "locked" as a result of the statement "To be filled by O.E.M ". This has no impact on your ability to use a GPU with the motherboard.

You seem to be struggling with all of the advice given to you regarding GPUs and that old motherboard. What are you concerned about?

WinDroidTech

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
One last question

I was downloading the GPU drivers and it let me choose my OS

Mine is Windows 1064bit but it has two options
1)Windows 10 64bit(DCH)
2)Windows 10 64bit

What is DCH ?

And yes let it be good luck!

WinDroidTech

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
Many many thanks sir and thanks heaven!

Got the GPU yesterday and it's working fine.
Got some problems during installation but fixed it.
This is for my old PC still it can easily run games before 2010

Thanks sir.