heedaf

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Hello,
I've been looking a getting a news system and I've had an ASUS board and the tech support was pretty good but after reading some of the reviews on NewEgg it looks like they have gone down hill fast.

Can anyone recommend a manfacturer where I can count on support if I have an issue? I'm looking at the LGA 1156 or 1366 type and I haven't figured out if I want to go with a i5-750 or the i7-920. Not sure if it is worth the extra $$$. Any thoughts?

tecmo34

Administrator
I have not heard of any issues with ASUS "going down hill fast". I would not put any stock in NewEgg reviews, specially for example when you have people giving a Zero egg because the board doesn't CrossFire because it only has 1 PCIe slot.

I would stick with Gigabyte or ASUS for motherboards. EVGA make great motherboards but they haven't released an USB 3.0 or SATA 6.0Gb/s boards to-date.

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA (only Intel), all are very good manufacturers and have professional support, u should not base ur decision in the egg reviews.
2- The CPU depends of u and ur budget, if u aren't a hard core gamer or OC, don't spend the money on a i7, go with the i5 or AMD. But if u want the max performance and OC the much as possible, the i7 or Phenom are the best options for u.