Motherboard issue ?

adrianbarbu90

Reputable
May 24, 2016
My monitor stopped turning on ( it have the stand by light on ) this morning.I was afraid it was the cables or the monitor itself but i went and tested it to a friend and it was working.
Now my question is,if monitor wont turn on plugged in the gpu and also tried into the motherboards vga slot,does it mean the motherboard is the problem?Also,after i turn off the pc,he immediatly turns back on alone.
Is this a motherboard issue sympthom?
Thanks.

adrianbarbu90

Reputable
May 24, 2016
Msi Gtx 760
Gygabyte B-85hd3 mobo
Corsair vengeance 2x4 gb
Psu its corsair cx600 - 600 w

Everything was working flawless for the past 2 years until yesterday after i upgraded de gpu nvidia driver and i got some wierd errors with restarts.

adrianbarbu90

Reputable
May 24, 2016

But a malfunctioning psu can only affect certain areas?i mean,the fans are spinning and same with the gpu fans.I thought that if theres a psu prob the system wont start at all.But it is.

logainofhades

Titan
A PSU can still provide power, but not enough to full start everything up. PSU is typically easier to swap, and having a quality one is very important. Even if it wasn't your problem, I would suggest replacing it. Have you tried removing the GPU, and running off the integrated graphics?

adrianbarbu90

Reputable
May 24, 2016

Yes i tried pretty much everything the internet says.Removed the cmos battery thing aswell.
Same thing ,nothing happens.
I would be very happy if its just the psu or just the mobo.
I sent it to an PC service today,tomorrow should have an answer from them.