Motherboard "JBAT1" light on blue, Computer won't start

Chanchanp

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016
Hello,
I recently built a tower computer, and out of the blue it will not turn on again. Privy to failure, the computer was set to sleep mode. I currently receive a constant blue light that is labeled "JBAT1". This light can remain on for a few seconds post removing the power. I have tried removing the battery and jumping CMOS for an hour to no success. Parts below, Thank you:
MSI z170A PC MATE
Intel i5 6600k
Gigabyte GTX 970
Crucial Ballistix DDR4 8x2
Samsung Evo 850

Solution
You do know that that light refers to the state the bios is set to don`t you.?

It`s and indicator of if the bios jumper is set right bridging two out of the three bios pins found on the motherboard.

If the jumper provided is set on two pins it can mean the bios is set to a constant factory default.
And why the blue light is lit and showing.

Where as the jumper if moved over to bridge the other two pins, or removed from two together is normal operation of your bios.
So it can store new settings and retain them made in the bios Chanchanp.

Check in the manual you got with the motherboard on what two pins the jumper on the motherboard must be set to for normal bios operation and retaining of values and the time set for the real time...

Chanchanp

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to include that in the list. It's an EVGA supernova 650W Gold. I can google ways to test it but do you have any specific way to test it in mind?

You do know that that light refers to the state the bios is set to don`t you.?

It`s and indicator of if the bios jumper is set right bridging two out of the three bios pins found on the motherboard.

If the jumper provided is set on two pins it can mean the bios is set to a constant factory default.
And why the blue light is lit and showing.

Where as the jumper if moved over to bridge the other two pins, or removed from two together is normal operation of your bios.
So it can store new settings and retain them made in the bios Chanchanp.

Check in the manual you got with the motherboard on what two pins the jumper on the motherboard must be set to for normal bios operation and retaining of values and the time set for the real time clock on your motherboard.

Having the bios constantly set to factory reset mode can cause the system not to boot properly or randomly power up.

JBAT1: Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS) Jumper

There is CMOS memory onboard that is external powered from a battery located on
the motherboard to save system configuration data. If you want to clear the system
configuration, set the jumpers to clear the CMOS memory.

Keep Data/ Normal Bios Operation
(default) No jumper pin.

Clear CMOS/
Reset BIOS Jumper pin bridges two pins.

The problem is in most cases people failing to read the whole motherboard manual provided.
Solve it did it, I do hope so....

Solution

Chanchanp

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016

Thanks for the reply. My mobo actually did not come with a bios jumper. I believe its set up differentlythan normal because it also has 4 pins. The manual says the first two are keep data(default) and the other two are clear CMOS. Keep in mind that it came without a jumper and functioned that way, then randomly stopped.

Chanchanp

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016

I've tested the supply by jumping two of the 5V pins of the 24pin connector (as i read online), and that turned the power supply fan on and the molex LED strip that i forgot to unplug (lol), as it was supposed to.

Ethan96

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Can i ask something familiar, i wanted to plug my sistem fan to JBAT1 plug which is 3 tipe connetor as my sistem fans, i didn't know it and i plugged it when power was on and computer shutdown immediately and now he won't even boot!

I didn't know what JBAT1 mean and what it stands for, i just thought its meant for my fan...

KingSlayer69

Honorable
Feb 8, 2016

JBAT1 is for CMOS reset.You shouldn't have [plugged your fan there.Usually there are connectors labeled "SYSFAN" for that

Beboleche

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
Did you get this figured out yet? I'm having e lem with the same mobo. Blue jbat1 light on and otherwise not responsive at all. Tried shorting the jbat1 pins to reset cmos and nothing.