blue4life_

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
System:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Arous B450M
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900X
GPU: XFX Triple Dissipiation 5700XT
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) F4-3200C16D-32GVK

So my PC had been working fine until now.
For Windows 11, you need secure boot & TMP to be enabled. I was playing around my BIOS and saved something in CSM and other secure Boot settings and rebooted my PC and now it doesn't turn on.

My board has 4 lights. VGA, CPU, DRAM, and Boot.

When I press the power on, the VGA light turns on for a second and goes off. Then the CPU light turns on for a second and then turns off. Then the DRAM light turns on for a second and turns off. Then the PC turns off, turns on again and the cycle continues.
The same thing happens when I disconnect my GPU.
But when I remove the RAM sticks it lights up the DRAM solid indicating no RAM.

I did try clearing my CMOS. And It did clear the CMOS. I know it because I had kept my board and fan LED RGB LEDs in OFF mode.
After the CMOS Clear, it now lights up the board & RGB FAN LEDs in the default color.

Now, the following happens
When I press the power on, the CPU light turns on for a second and then turns off. Then the DRAM light turns on for a second and turns off. Then the board's & fan's RGBs turn on. Then, the VGA light turns on for a second and goes off. Then the CPU light turns on for a second and then turns off. Then the DRAM light turns on for a second and turns off. Then the PC turns off, turns on again (the fans & board's RGB is still on) and the cycle continues.

I'm unable to understand what exactly the issue is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Your board has a the dual-bios feature so make sure it didn't flip to the backup bios on you due to your changes.

Unplug the power cord from the PC and remove the BIOS backup battery for 5 min...the battery is just above the GPU slot.

After 5 min follow the BIOS reset procedure on the primary bios, then reinstall the battery, then restore AC power in that order and test the system.

blue4life_

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
Your board has a the dual-bios feature so make sure it didn't flip to the backup bios on you due to your changes.

Unplug the power cord from the PC and remove the BIOS backup battery for 5 min...the battery is just above the GPU slot.

After 5 min follow the BIOS reset procedure on the primary bios, then reinstall the battery, then restore AC power in that order and test the system.
Hi,

I tried your suggestion. I still see the same issue.

You might want to get in touch with Gigabyte tech support and see if an RMA is possible. You can try stripping out everything except the cpu, gpu, and 1 memory module...if it still wont let you into the BIOS it sounds like the board is bricked.

blue4life_

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
You might want to get in touch with Gigabyte tech support and see if an RMA is possible. You can try stripping out everything except the cpu, gpu, and 1 memory module...if it still wont let you into the BIOS it sounds like the board is bricked.
Thanks for your help.
  1. So When I had everything plugged in, I had the same issue.
  2. When I remove the GPU, it's the same thing.
  3. When I remove any 1 of the RAM & place it in any of the positions, it's the same thing.
  4. When I remove both the RAMs, there's a solid red light on DRAM.
Because of this behavior, I wasn't really sure what hardware component the issue was in.

blue4life_

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
Finally figured out the issue. The 2 sticks of RAM are working individually and they are working in single-channel mode. i.e they when I install them in slots 1 & 2 or 3 & 4, then it works fine. But if I install them in slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 4 in dual channel mode, then it triggers the light cycle. Any idea how I can fix this and which component has the issue exactly?

Feb 5, 2022
Can confirm this is some kind of CPU issue. Could boot to VGA using A1 slot or A2 slot or A1+A2 but couldn't boot using any configuration in B1,B2. Took out CMOS battery didn't do anything.

I have a NOCTUA NH-D15 on a AMD 5600X and it is very heavy the screws are very tight. I took off the cooler took out the CPU checked no pins where damaged reset back on the board installed the cooler with less pressure and is now booting to VGA using A2 + B2.

Thanks for your help.

blue4life_

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
I'm in the same boat as you. My RAM slots 1 & 2 (fathest away from the CPU) do not work. Only the 2 slots closer to the CPU work. And the same happens on another motherboard so I can rule out a faulty motherboard.
I checked the CPU pins for bent pins or thermal paste but I don't see anything. Even tried adjusting the cooler pressure but still not working. Not sure how to proceed from here :(

Feb 5, 2022
I'm in the same boat as you. My RAM slots 1 & 2 (fathest away from the CPU) do not work. Only the 2 slots closer to the CPU work. And the same happens on another motherboard so I can rule out a faulty motherboard.
I checked the CPU pins for bent pins or thermal paste but I don't see anything. Even tried adjusting the cooler pressure but still not working. Not sure how to proceed from here :(

Mine was for sure a CPU issue so I would continue with that assumption if I were you. Try booting with no cooler. Maybe the cooler is too tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS