[SOLVED] motherboard non-responsive

Grant Rusk

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
This problem is on a 6 month old PC that I built. The motherboard is a ASRock Z170 Extreme6 and connected to a EVGA supernova 550 G2 power supply. I turn off my computer for the night, then the next day I wake and my computer wont turn on. I pull out everything, reconnect all the cables, nothing. I even pulled out the power supply and did a paperclip test and it works fine. Nothing on the motherboard is lit up, none of the capacitors or fuses are blown. What the hell happened? Anything I can do to salvage this? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Solution
This problem is on a 6 month old PC that I built. The motherboard is a ASRock Z170 Extreme6 and connected to a EVGA supernova 550 G2 power supply. I turn off my computer for the night, then the next day I wake and my computer wont turn on. I pull out everything, reconnect all the cables, nothing. I even pulled out the power supply and did a paperclip test and it works fine. Nothing on the motherboard is lit up, none of the capacitors or fuses are blown. What the hell happened? Anything I can do to salvage this? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
I would suspect PSU first, unless you have a known good and compatible PSU to try with, you won't get anywhere.
I would suspect PSU first, unless you have a known good and compatible PSU to try with, you won't get anywhere.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS