Question Motherboard not recognizing new GPU

Jul 20, 2024
Hello, i've changed the cpu, motheboard and rams from my pc and now it doesn't recognize my gpu so it doesn't give any image.
My specs are:
- gigabyte b760m ds3h ddr5
- i5 13600kf
- corsair 32gb 16x2 5200mhz
- nzxt 700w psu
- rx 6700xt msi mech 2x oc

I tried plugging a msi 1060 and the pc is giving image. I tried updating the bios, checking if everything is connected okay, changing ram slots, tweaking some bios settings with the 1060 and then changing to the other gpu. I would like to mention that i plugged a speaker to the mobo and it gives 5 short beeps when the rx 6700xt is connected and only 1 short beep when the 1060 is connected. I know for fact that the rx 6700xt is working just fine because i tested it in other pc just to make sure it wasn't gpu's fault.
I don't know what else to do, appreciate some help!

Jul 20, 2024
Do you have a riser cable or does your video card plug directly into the motherboard?

Set PCIe to 3.0 and see if that changes anything.

5 beeps is just the standard video error code.
It's directly plugged into the mobo. I've already tried that, i tried with putting gen 3 and gen 4. I've also tried turning csm on and off

You could try toggling the "Above 4G Decoding" and "Re-Size BAR Support" options in the BIOS.

It's definitely not a physical problem with the board since the 1060 works (it's also 16 lanes) and toggling PCIe mode didn't do anything. Since the video card works you're very limited in steps to take as there's no reason it shouldn't work fine.

Jul 20, 2024
You could try toggling the "Above 4G Decoding" and "Re-Size BAR Support" options in the BIOS.

It's definitely not a physical problem with the board since the 1060 works (it's also 16 lanes) and toggling PCIe mode didn't do anything. Since the video card works you're very limited in steps to take as there's no reason it shouldn't work fine.
One thing I notices with my rx 6700xt when I bought it, it was that it was working at x8 and not x16

Now i noticed that if i turn csm on and then i plug the rx 6700xt it deactivates the csm. I think that might be the problem but i dont know how to solve it

One thing I notices with my rx 6700xt when I bought it, it was that it was working at x8 and not x16
Then the card has been damaged and this may be why it's not working in this system. Anything that causes half the lanes to not work is a serious problem.
Now i noticed that if i turn csm on and then i plug the rx 6700xt it deactivates the csm. I think that might be the problem but i dont know how to solve it
This is not the problem CSM is for legacy hardware which the 6700XT is not.