Motherboard or Power Supply? Or Both?

Jul 21, 2018
I moved my GPU, CPU, RAM, HDD, and SSD to a new jcomputer. I bought a new case, motherboard, psu, cpu cooler, fans, and white cables. Here's what's going wrong:

-Old power supply works on new computer
-New power supply doesn't work on old computer
-New power supply did work on new computer but now won't
-Motherboard lights up when old power supply has cord in
-Motherboard used to light up when new power supply flip was switched
-Computer turns on but then turns off instantly when power switch is pressed (both psu)

Case : Phanteks P400S
Graphics Card : Radeon RX 480
Processor : Intel i7 7600
Power Supply : EVGA 550W (new) HP 213w (old)
Motherboard : Asus Prime z370-a (new) random HP one (old)
RAM : 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB
HDD 1TB WD
Cpu Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62
Fans : 3 SP120 ; 2 HD140

Q :
Do I need a big power supply?
Why doesn't the new power supply make it turn on?

Solution
Ah, that's unlucky then. What's wrong with your current CPU? Well, not much really. If I may, why did you buy a new motherboard? Aesthetics, compatibility with a case, or? Your 6700 won't work with the new board thanks to intel introducing a new chipset nearly every single bleeping generation.
Jul 21, 2018

All cables are plugged in. I am currently using my old pc setup. I'll try running the system with only the CPU and RAM.

Jul 21, 2018

Nothing happens with only CPU and RAM installed. The psu fan turn on (eco mode on) and the motherboard lights don't turn on. I even tried it with a different power supply cord and still nothing.

Jul 21, 2018

It's the i7 6700* I just checked the paper. oops

Jul 21, 2018

I bought the motherboard and psu on amazon on may 18, 2018. What's wrong with the cpu I have? (i7 6700)

Ah, that's unlucky then. What's wrong with your current CPU? Well, not much really. If I may, why did you buy a new motherboard? Aesthetics, compatibility with a case, or? Your 6700 won't work with the new board thanks to intel introducing a new chipset nearly every single bleeping generation.

Solution
Jul 21, 2018

I bought the motherboard for the white accents and it said it was compatible with intel so I just assumed it was good. FeelsBadMan

Which motherboard would you suggest that I get that is compatible with my current cpu and has white accents? (preferably asus because I like their bios)