Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2023
System:
CPU: Ryzen 7 - 7800X3D
MOBO: Gigabyte X670e Aorus Master (version: F13B)
RAM: CORSAIR DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) (CMH32GX5M2D6000Z36K)
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 24GB
PSU: Seasonic Vertex GX-1000

I've been running into a weird issue with my pc. Everytime when I start my PC for the first time in the day it will not boot past the bios logo into windows. It will be stuck on displaying the logo. I then have to reboot it a couple of times to get it to boot into windows.

I have my RAM in slots 2 & 4. I tested both sticks in 1 & 2 (works perfectly) and slots 3 & 4 (doesn't seem to boot, get error C5). I even tried a single stick of ram in both 1 and 2 which works whereas 3 and 4 do not. I repeated with both RAM sticks to rule out that one of them is busted.

What is strange is this was not happening straight after I built the PC, and also what is strange is they will work on dual channel (2 and 4) after a couple of reboots. So its not like 3 and 4 aren't working at all.

I haven't reseated my CPU yet / checked the socket.

Any ideas on this one? It seems strange to me that it will work after a while.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

MOBO: Gigabyte X670e Aorus Master (version: F13B)

You have a BIOS update pending, F13c, update to that, then clear the CMOS and see if that alleviates the issue.

I haven't reseated my CPU yet / checked the socket.
How are you cooling the processor in your build?

I have my RAM in slots 2 & 4.
You mean slots A2 and B2?

Sep 11, 2023
Hi thanks for the reply,

1. Bios has been updated to F13C, and cleared the cmos after that. Booted up fine the first time.

2. I am using an AIO to cool my CPU: (Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX XT 360mm) I have it mounted at the top pulling air in.

3. Yes sorry A2 and B2 slots.

For now I'll leave my bios settings on default and report back if the issue is still occurring.

Sep 11, 2023
Just following up on this one, error is still occuring in the same way. I should note the first attempted boot took quite a long time 30 seconds or so before it wouldn't proceed past the logo.

Multiple boots got mostly null error codes like 00. But also got a memory error 51.

Any thoughts on where to go from here?

Just following up on this one, error is still occuring in the same way. I should note the first attempted boot took quite a long time 30 seconds or so before it wouldn't proceed past the logo.

Multiple boots got mostly null error codes like 00. But also got a memory error 51.

Any thoughts on where to go from here?
I assume you have XMP enabled, try turning it off and seeing if anything changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts