Motherboard receiving power, nothing else turning on

neglekt

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
So I threw together a new build today, after getting everything all hooked up for the most part I decided to test if the thing would power up. I plugged the PSU into the wall, flipped the PSU switch on, pushed the power button located on the case front panel and everything sprang to life except for the front panel fan which came with the case (big blue LED one on front). So I powered it off, re-plugged the fan's power cord and tried to turn the thing on again.
After doing all this I powered up the PSU again (which ignited a green light on the MOBO), then hit the power switch on the front panel of the case, but nothing happened. I'm pretty sure the MOBO is fine, as it's showing a constant green light (instead of flashing red), but I'm not sure what else could be wrong. I checked the power/restart cables on the MOBO and they were still intact, everything seems to be connected properly for the most part (maybe the psu power cords might not be connected tight enough?)
Anyways, I'm gonna head to bed -post suggestions for troubleshooting if you've got any, I'll give them a shot tomorrow.

Build:
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB
ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
COOLER MASTER Elite 431 Plus
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.3
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP OC Version
1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
LITE-ON DVD Burner

What does "nothing happened" mean? Forget the fans, led, etc. Just connect your PSU to the motherboard, a single hard drive to the motherboard, 1 stick of RAM, the processor, and the power switch cable. Leave everything else out. Then turn your PSU on. What can you confirm runs? If the

neglekt

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

Nothing runs, the power lights on the case do not light up, the processor and gpu fans do not start up, it just sits there as if the Power LED cable is detached or something. Compared to previously when the case lights lit up, and the cpu + gpu fans started up. The only sign of life is the green light on the mobo.

Don't trust fans and LED to tell you that the core components run as expected. It's possible that you left out a molex cable or you forgot to connect some LED wires properly. Can you at least verify that the core components work? That being the PSU, motherboard, CPU, one stick of RAM, one HDD, and the power switch. Connect ONLY those (leave everything else out). Connect the motherboard to the monitor and turn your computer on.