[SOLVED] Motherboard rgb works but nothing else ?

Jun 13, 2021
I dont have a graphics card and have a ryzen 7 5800x. I built the pc without a graphics card for now as I will get one in 2 days. When I turn the power supply on, motherboard's rgb glows but nothing else works, case fans, aio, nothing. Is it because I dont have a graphics card or is it something else? If its something else what should I do?

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
Newer motherboards will show RGB if power is plugged in, period. It sounds like your system just isn't starting at all.

Have you made sure the power cable is plugged into the right area?

motherboard-power-pins.jpg

Edit: I should mention, computers will still bootup without a dedicated video card, they just switch to integrated graphics.

Myst_8362

Prominent
Mar 26, 2021
Not really dare to touch the processor. Check Note #7 in original post.
Newer motherboards will show RGB if power is plugged in, period. It sounds like your system just isn't starting at all.

Have you made sure the power cable is plugged into the right area?

motherboard-power-pins.jpg

Edit: I should mention, computers will still bootup without a dedicated video card, they just switch to integrated graphics.
yea but the 5800x does not have a igpu

Jun 13, 2021
Everything works now!!! I had connected system wires incorrectly, read the whole motherboard manual and then got it right. The rgb looks cool. I wanted to insert an image but its not letting me.

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
Everything works now!!! I had connected system wires incorrectly, read the whole motherboard manual and then got it right. The rgb looks cool. I wanted to insert an image but its not letting me.

Awesome. So did the motherboard end up having integrated video? Or did you just get the computer to physically turn on?

Reactions: Amazing Aru
Jun 13, 2021
Awesome. So did the motherboard end up having integrated video? Or did you just get the computer to physically turn on?
i just got it physically turned on. I saw the LEDs on the motherboard and everything is working, except boot and display. So I just need a graphics card for that which is arriving in 5 days

TRENDING THREADS