Question motherboard standoffs are scratched pretty bad

Oct 20, 2024
Hi everyone

I recently brought this mb and its a lot worse then I though it would be,, the damage is around the middle standoff hole,

I was wondering if I would be able to fix it without to much issue.. and if I could potentially damage any parts I put in it to test it (i.e cpu,ramm,gpu,psu)

there is a fair amount of copper exposed so i dont want to risk frying the only ryzen cpu lol

See pictures.. https://www.reddit.com/r/PcBuildHelp/comments/1g4r3to/motherboard_is_scratched_pretty_bad/

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

brought this mb
What is the make and model of the motherboard?

I was wondering if I would be able to fix it without to much issue.. and if I could potentially damage any parts I put in it to test it (i.e cpu,ramm,gpu,psu)
I noticed the image in your reddit post, I'd return it, without a doubt! Some traces below the circled area are scratched.

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
Hi everyone

I recently brought this mb and its a lot worse then I though it would be,, the damage is around the middle standoff hole,

there is a fair amount of copper exposed so i dont want to risk frying the only ryzen cpu lol

See pictures.. https://www.reddit.com/r/PcBuildHelp/comments/1g4r3to/motherboard_is_scratched_pretty_bad/
you will cut washers from cardboard and insert them and there will be no problem

Sticker with arrow on that board indicates, this is a rejected RMA board.
So - someone damaged it, sent it to RMA and RMA was rejected.

Basically - micro surgery level soldering is required.
Board level repairs.
It will be less expensive just to get a new board.

Oct 20, 2024
Thank you so much for your advice guys, looks like the board is for parts then :} id rather just replace it then risk frying a ryzen 9 5900

Toms hardware for the win ,, iv asked in a bunch of places now and this is the only place thats even been able to answer my question's

TRENDING THREADS