[SOLVED] Motherboard Swapping Help

Jun 22, 2020
I am planning to switch out my GA b350m d3sh Board for an ASUS Tuff gaming b450m pro S,

I was wondering if there are any steps to take before swapping the motherboard.

I have asked a lot of my friends and most of them say that they did not rly have to reinstal windows as windows booted up automatically.

Anyways, are there any steps to take before swapping the motherboard? Anything driver related?

Thank you

Solution
As long as you use the SSD or HDD that Windows is installed on, the initial boot should go straight to windows. Although, I would recommend unplugging any drives or other SSDs that dont have Windows on them. This is so that the mobo doesnt think the primary drive is a different drive and try to boot to it. Other than that, as long as the BIOS on the board is up to date for your CPU, you should boot up fine. Just go download the new mobo drivers once youre done, and delete the old ones. Hope this helps!
As long as you use the SSD or HDD that Windows is installed on, the initial boot should go straight to windows. Although, I would recommend unplugging any drives or other SSDs that dont have Windows on them. This is so that the mobo doesnt think the primary drive is a different drive and try to boot to it. Other than that, as long as the BIOS on the board is up to date for your CPU, you should boot up fine. Just go download the new mobo drivers once youre done, and delete the old ones. Hope this helps!

Solution
Jun 22, 2020
Thanks for the response!

So what you are saying is that I would just have to first plug in my C: drive first and it should go smoothly?
Also for the bios, what do you mean by the latest bios? Since I think the two different companies have different bios versions.

Reactions: Blaze Productionz
Thanks for the response!

So what you are saying is that I would just have to first plug in my C: drive first and it should go smoothly?
Also for the bios, what do you mean by the latest bios? Since I think the two different companies have different bios versions.
So if I were you, I would just plug the main drive C: in, whether thats an SSD or HDD idk but ONLY plug that storage device in. Leave any other storage devices unplugged and unconnected for your first boot, just to be safe. And some B450 boards dont come with a BIOS version that supports Ryzen 3000 series, but you can flash a BIOS version via a USB stick. Just do what I said about the storage devices, and if you get no boot at all but the PC turns on, you can look up a Youtube tutorial on flashing the latest BIOS for your Motherboard. That would most likely be the cause. But glad I could help!

Jun 22, 2020
So if I were you, I would just plug the main drive C: in, whether thats an SSD or HDD idk but ONLY plug that storage device in. Leave any other storage devices unplugged and unconnected for your first boot, just to be safe. And some B450 boards dont come with a BIOS version that supports Ryzen 3000 series, but you can flash a BIOS version via a USB stick. Just do what I said about the storage devices, and if you get no boot at all but the PC turns on, you can look up a Youtube tutorial on flashing the latest BIOS for your Motherboard. That would most likely be the cause. But glad I could help!
Thanks for the clarifications!
I was just confused about the bios part because I have never done this before :/ but you cleared it up.
I have a ryzen 5 2600 so no worries about that. Thank you for your help!