[SOLVED] Motherboard update

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!
(pls bare with me, I'm very new to the PC scene!)
Not a problem at all, we all start somewhere!

Just for information, a BIOS is not a driver. BIOS is firmware. Drivers are different.

The general practice for BIOS updates are, don't update them unless you NEED to or you are encountering problems that a BIOS update might help fix. They are not essential to be updated and most manufacturers will tell you also to not update unless needed.

Do you have a reason to update the BIOS? Are you trying to make it compatible with something for example?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
(pls bare with me, I'm very new to the PC scene!)

Just for information, a BIOS is not a driver. BIOS is firmware. Drivers are different.

The general practice for BIOS updates are, don't update them unless you NEED to or you are encountering problems that a BIOS update might help fix. They are not essential to be updated and most manufacturers will tell you also to not update unless needed.

Do you have a reason to update the BIOS? Are you trying to make it compatible with something for example?

Solution
Oct 6, 2020

Yes as you can see from the link I have DDR4 3200 ram but in my task manager I noticed there was only 2133mhz. I was told to enable DCOP and I was just wondering if I should update the firmware for my MOBO first. Overall I'm just being over paranoid when it comes to <Mod Edit> my PC up lol but I figure its better to be safe then sorry! Thank you for the help!! It means a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yes as you can see from the link I have DDR4 3200 ram but in my task manager I noticed there was only 2133mhz. I was told to enable DCOP and I was just wondering if I should update the firmware for my MOBO first. Overall I'm just being over paranoid when it comes to <Mod Edit> my PC up lol but I figure its better to be safe then sorry! Thank you for the help!! It means a lot.
You're welcome.
Don't worry about updating firmware in this instance. :)