Feb 3, 2024
Motherboard - Z790 Aorus Pro X
Windows 11

I have a Razer keyboard that requires both a USB and USB type C connection. It has been working fine, but all of a sudden today, the keyboard is not responding. No lights, no input, nothing. I unplugged both cables and tried on the another USB and USB type C port (which is located at the front of the case) and it works fine. So it is not an issue with the keyboard itself, only the rear USB C port.

The normal USB port also works fine, but the type C port doesn’t. I tried charging my Oculus (as it’s the only type C piece of tech that I have) and no luck.

Research lead me to believe this may be a driver issue, but upon further inspection in device manager, there seems to be no errors. Mose people who have had a similar issue to me have a yellow error triangle next to the relevant usb device that needs attention. But there are no errors showing up. I would try to uninstall the USB C driver, but the naming convention isn’t as straightforward as you’d imagine, and I’d rather not uninstall the wrong driver which could lead to more headaches.

I’ve had a look around in the BIOS but cannot seem to find anything in particular regarding individual USB ports. Fairly new to the scary world of the BIOS so I might just be missing something?

Bear in mind, this was working fine for a while until today.

I’ve also checked that the port itself isn’t damaged or blocked. The board is only a few weeks old so realistically there shouldn’t be any faults.

Any advice would be super appreciated :)

Feb 4, 2024
I have the same issue. One of my USB-C ports stopped working on the Motherboard the PC has been up for less than a month and has not moved at or had any sort of updates that could have caused this.

The second USB-C port on the back is working fine.

Motherboard - Z790 Aorus Pro X F4 Bios
Windows 11