Motherboard VGA led on, No display in Bios

19gbenson

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
Computer works fine while in windows and playing games... But I wanted to get more ssd storage than just 128gb so I put in a new ssd and it wouldn't detect in windows so I tried to boot into the bios but I can't get a display. I can still get into windows and play videos games just fine but can't get into the bios to use my new ssd.

I've tried moving the card into different slots
I've tried using a card that I know for sure works
I've tried clearing CMoS

Nothing has worked

SPECS:
CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000
GPU: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR MK2
PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
Did you check "Create and Format hard disk partitions" to see if the disk appears? Just search it under Windows 10 and see if your disk needs to be formatted. You may need to also assign a drive letter. I've seen windows 10 do this on a few setups that I have done, but it wasn't that the board wasn't detecting the SSD. The drive just needed to be formatted and assigned a drive letter manually. If it doesn't appear there then check the cabling on the SSD and make sure both power and SATA cables are plugged all the way. You can also try a different SATA port to see if it's a bad port. Good luck!

19gbenson

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017

Yeah I tried finding it in the create and format hard disk partitions but it wasn't there to assign a drive letter and I switched the m.2 ports but no go.