Question motherboard went blank

harshgola

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2015
i have gigabyte h310m s2 motherboard ,it was running flawlessly until it went blank on me and it has not run since then and it never runs and the cpu fan doesn't run either,i tried shorting the the power pins but nothing happens....i am so confused right now..

please help

harshgola

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2015
So you need to determine if your motherboard died or your psu died. Do you have another psu you can try on the motherboard?
I tried to run another mobo using the same psu and it ran fine...
Whenever i try to run my gigabyte mobo, the externals speakers that are connect to it make clicking noise (whenever i plug it in the mobos' speaker jack while desparately trying to make it run)

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
So it should be under warranty still I would RMA it and get a new one. All I can recommend is to try and pull and reseat all power cables going in to motherboard and restarting. Then disconnect gpu and run video cable to board itself and see if it fires up, then try using only one stick of ram in all slots,and try to restart each time. Then disconnecting all external hd except os hard drive see if it fires up, then pulling cpu, checking the pins and reseating it and see if it fires up. If nothing lights up or spins after all that, then the board sounds dead to me.

harshgola

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2015
So it should be under warranty still I would RMA it and get a new one. All I can recommend is to try and pull and reseat all power cables going in to motherboard and restarting. Then disconnect gpu and run video cable to board itself and see if it fires up, then try using only one stick of ram in all slots,and try to restart each time. Then disconnecting all external hd except os hard drive see if it fires up, then pulling cpu, checking the pins and reseating it and see if it fires up. If nothing lights up or spins after all that, then the board sounds dead to me.
u wont believe but i have already done all of the above

TRENDING THREADS