Question motherboard wifi chip not working

Ian_64

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2016
I have a GIGABYTE X570S AORUS PRO AX: ATX motherboard that has built in wifi. On device manger the wifi device RZ608 WI-FI 6E 80MHz has come up with error 10. I have tried reinstalling the driver from both gigabyte and mediatek and even recently reinstalled windows but this error persists.

I have a GIGABYTE X570S AORUS PRO AX:
I have tried reinstalling the driver from both gigabyte and mediatek and even recently reinstalled windows but this error persists.
What gigabyte and mediatek driver?
Install chipset drivers first (before any other drivers).
Delete old wifi drivers from Device Manager.
Then install Intel wifi driver.

No mediatek drivers. Unless you have a discrete wifi card with mediatek chip on it.

Ian_64

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2016
What gigabyte and mediatek driver?
Install chipset drivers first (before any other drivers).
Delete old wifi drivers from Device Manager.
Then install Intel wifi driver.

No mediatek drivers. Unless you have a discrete wifi card with mediatek chip on it.

I already had the chipset drivers installed. The wifi adapter just suddenly stopped working without me making any changes.

I already had the chipset drivers installed. The wifi adapter just suddenly stopped working without me making any changes.
Which revision of the motherboard do you have; 1.0 or 1.1? 1.0 uses the Mediatek driver and 1.1 uses an Intel driver. You need to be careful you're on the correct support page for the revision that you have in order to download the correct driver. 3.00.01.1303 would be the latest Mediatek driver.

Ian_64

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2016
Which revision of the motherboard do you have; 1.0 or 1.1? 1.0 uses the Mediatek driver and 1.1 uses an Intel driver. You need to be careful you're on the correct support page for the revision that you have in order to download the correct driver. 3.00.01.1303 would be the latest Mediatek driver.
the device doesn't work no mater which version I use. it was working perfectly fine for about a year and I made no changes so I'm not sure what's caused it to stop working

What you can also try is to load a linux test image. Most these are designed to run from the USB stick completely. They are kinda slow because of this but they also have support for many wifi chipsets. Wifi 6e is pretty new so it maybe not. This should show you if it is a hardware or software issue with windows.

That is a really strange wifi6e chipset. It talks about 80mhz support. The key reason thing that makes wifi6/wifi6e faster is the ability to run 160mhz. Wifi7 is going to try to run 320mhz. This was a very common restriction before wifi6e can out and gave us the ability to use the 6ghz radio band where there are fewer issues with interfering with say weather radar.

If you really plan to use wifi6e you might consider a external USB wifi replacement card even if you somehow figure out how to fix your current one.

Reactions: stonecarver
Have you gone to Device Manager and looked at your wifi card. Is there a checkmark there saying it's disabled. After you find your wifi card in device manager also right click it and go to properties. What does it say ?

I'm sure these steps have already been looked at but?

TRENDING THREADS