[SOLVED] Motherboard with no RGB header! Need RGB Controller, Please help.

Apr 10, 2022
So I built a new system and everything is great>>>>>>So I figured why not upgrade the old system while things are going so good! Old System: Asus P6t7 ws Supercomputer Motherboard with i7 970 and 2080 ti. So I thought I would add a AIO NZXT Z53 but whenever it was plugged into CPU fan header the computer would instantly shut down within 1 second to make things even more stupid I couldn't get into the bios because my Corsair USB K95 keyboard needed to be put into BIOS mode first and I forgot about this so I was befuddled by not being able to get to Bios. Anyway after going through two Z53s I gave up and put the MEGAHALEM air cooler back on and upgraded the fans to Be Quiet Light Wings. But my ASUS P6T7 WS SuperComputer MB has no RGB header...... So How can I get RGB to work on these fans without a header on the MoBo.... A RGB controller I guess but what will work??? On another question... IF Fan controls in BIOS were turned off would that cause the AIO to crash the system? Thank You to whoever answers this.

Last edited:
Solution
So I built a new system and everything is great>>>>>>So I figured why not upgrade the old system while things are going so good! Old System: Asus P6t7 ws Supercomputer Motherboard with i7 970 and 2080 ti. So I thought I would add a AIO NZXT Z53 but whenever it was plugged into CPU fan header the computer when instantly shut down within 1 second to make things even more stupid I couldn't get into the bios because my Corsair USB K95 keyboard need to be put into BIOS mode first. Anyway after going through two Z53s I gave up and put the MEGAHALEM air cooler back on and upgraded the fans to Be Quiet Light Wings. But my ASUS P6T7 WS SuperComputer MB has no RGB header...... So How can I get RGB to work on these fans without a header...
So I built a new system and everything is great>>>>>>So I figured why not upgrade the old system while things are going so good! Old System: Asus P6t7 ws Supercomputer Motherboard with i7 970 and 2080 ti. So I thought I would add a AIO NZXT Z53 but whenever it was plugged into CPU fan header the computer when instantly shut down within 1 second to make things even more stupid I couldn't get into the bios because my Corsair USB K95 keyboard need to be put into BIOS mode first. Anyway after going through two Z53s I gave up and put the MEGAHALEM air cooler back on and upgraded the fans to Be Quiet Light Wings. But my ASUS P6T7 WS SuperComputer MB has no RGB header...... So How can I get RGB to work on these fans without a header on the MoBo.... A RGB controller I guess but what will work??? On another question... IF Fan controls in BIOS were turned off would that cause the AIO to crash the system? Thank You to whoever answers this.
Even AIOs need fan(s) connected to CPU_FAN header, usually radiator fans.
There are RGB controllers but with own, usually remote control.
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Fan-...rds=RGB-Controller&qid=1649623758&sr=8-3&th=1

Solution
Apr 10, 2022
Thanks Mike, The NZXT Z53 just like the Z73 in my other system has a harness coming out of the pump that connects to the radiator fans, then another wire from the pump goes to a USB header and another goes to SATA power direct from PSU and another goes to the CPU FAN header. If plugged into the CPU FAN header the computer instantly shut down when turned on, If not connected the Computer would boot up but the CPU would overheat and I think the water pump was not running and the fans were definitely not turning The Corsair RGB controller says it only works with Corsair products/RGB fans. The NZXT was a possibility but I ordered this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z7WLWD5?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details Which I'm hoping will work.

Apr 10, 2022
UPDATE: Problem is almost solved. So like a said I went through two NZXT Z53 then reverted to old Megahalem Air Cooler with light wing fans plugged into MOBO CPU FAN HEADER and two different CHA FAN Headers. FANS now work and CPU is cool. I did get into BIOS by enabling bios mode (F1 plus LOCK) on my CORSAIR K95 Platinum RGB keyboard, In bios mode I discovered nothing important.

Next I received a NZXT USB INTERNAL HUB which plugs in to USB 2.0 header on MoBo and SATA and a Cooler Master RGB 3 pin 5V controller plugged into the RGB fans, SATA power and USB NZXT internal hub. Turn on system and pop and burning smell and no RGB but a definite burning smell. Shut down and completely Disheartened....So what's the common connection between all these failures??????????? USB Header and SATA line not CPU fan header because that's working with fans. So I think I added that SATA cable from my box of spare cable and I compare it to a SATA cable that is currently in the old system for years...Its different!!! The wires are not in the same order...Looking at the plug that goes into the PSU I find 2 wires on top and 3 on bottom row but working sata cables in system are configured opposite with 3 on top and two on bottom. I then searched on You Tube and YEP Wires from different PSU makers can be configured different, The wire I pulled from my Box is from a New EVGA 1200 watt PSU and the PSU in my old system is a SEASONIC 1200 watt from 2015.....This is very dangerous and confusing because the cable looked exactly the same except for micro printing on wires themselves.

Fortunately I did not damage my MOBO and now I have the correct SATA cable in place and a new NZXT internal USB HUB which is plugged in and not on fire!!!! I just have to wait for another CoolerMaster RGB controller... We will see and I will update you.