Question Motherboard with WiFi ?

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
Hi. I bought a PC with an Asrock H610M-HVS/M.2 R2.0 motherboard. It had two aerials which I could attach to it. As I am used to cable connected desktops and I had a cable connected. When found I had problems connecting a Canon printer, The agent told me to disocnnect the cable to the desktop. Confused, I did so. I seem to have a wi-fi desktop PC and can connect to the internet. I did throw away the aerial connectors when I got the PC, so am confused. I never gave it the wi-fi password but I might have previously given it to the printer software when installed that.

A wi-fi desktop with no aerials even?

kanewolf

Titan
Hi. I bought a PC with a motherboard (Asrock H610M-HVS/M.2 R2.0) . It had two areals which I could attach to it. As I am used to cable connected desktops and I had a cable connected. When found I had problems connecting a canon printer, The agent told me to disocnnect the cable to the desktop. Confused, I did so. I seem to have a wi-fi desktop PC and can connect to the internet. I did throw away the aerial connectors when I got the PC, so am confused. I never gave it the wi-fi password but I might have previously given it to the printer software when installed that.

A wi-fi desktop with no areals even?
Possible? Yes. Optimal NO.

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
Ah. 10 years ago. My PC was very old 2005 I think. Asus M5A78L-M with a 4 core AMD Athlon 64 FX. Got my moneys worth out of that one. No NVMe drives in thouse days.