Motherboard wont fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkragll

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
so i am just building a computer for the first time and i proabbly just made a rookie mistake. but maybe there is a way to fix this all with out returning the motherboard or buying a new case.

alright so i bought this motherboard and just got it the other day http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271

and when just holding it over my case and inspecting where its gonna lay i noticed the back headers where the usb's and other backside computer plug ins does not fit where my case has a designated space for all these plug ins. did i choose the wrong motherboard where the connectors are? whats the easiest way of going about this? should i

A. get a new case?
B. return motherboard and get a new one?
C. or is there some awesome solution that i dont have to worry about returning and buying new parts?

any help would be awesome. im looking to figure this out today and thanks again!! :)

Bkragll

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Your case is proprietary junk and it's backwards, thats why, the motherboard should mount on the other side of the case. (left side not right)

Get a new case. Good budget cases are Antec 300 or HAF 912, both can be found for $50 on sale w/free shipping if you look around.

You may need a new psu as well, if it's proprietary. Well you'll probably need one anyways for your new setup.

Bkragll

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

okay this a very solid helping hand. okay so it is the case that is messed up. okay will do. do i need to be looking at anything specifically so this motherboard TO case match up so it doesnt happen again. or the new motherboard i got and new case that i am soon to get are the usual setup.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.