Motherboard won't recognize my 2 storage drives...

dimjemisboss

Commendable
Jul 12, 2018
So yesterday, I built a PC for my friend (specs are listed below). It all went very smoothly. I booted into the BIOS to check if the motherboard was detecting all of my hardware. I have a Seagate Barracuda 2TB hard drive and a Kingston A400 240GB SSD. They were both recognized by the motherboard. I restarted the computer and plugged in my 32GB Lexar USB drive to install windows, which I installed on the USB about 2 week prior. I booted up the PC and it went straight into the Windows 10 installation. I filled out the info and when I got to the drive selection part, the drives were gone. I thought it was Windows not recognizing the drives, but when I went back into the BIOS, they were gone. I thought the cables were loose so changed out all of them, from the PSU to the motherboard and back again. Nothing worked. Does anybody know what is going on. The PSU is fine because the rest of the system boots, and I can feel the hard drive spinning.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI B450-A Motherboard
16GB DDR4-2666 Corsair Vengeance
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard drive
Kingston A400 240GB SSD
EVGA GTX 1070ti ACX 3.0 Black Edition
NZXT H500 (Black)
Seasonic EVO Edition 620W Fully Modular PSU

Solution
Not sure what to suggest.

However I am always somewhat skeptical of ISO downloads. Only takes one bit to mess it all up.

Maybe a complete "do-over" is needed. From download onward.

Just watch everything very carefully and take your time with the install. Anything not as expected may help figure out the problem.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

" I booted up the PC and it went straight into the Windows 10 installation. I filled out the info and when I got to the drive selection part, the drives were gone"

What info did you fill in? Where did the Windows 10 on the USB drive come from?

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure what to suggest.

However I am always somewhat skeptical of ISO downloads. Only takes one bit to mess it all up.

Maybe a complete "do-over" is needed. From download onward.

Just watch everything very carefully and take your time with the install. Anything not as expected may help figure out the problem.

Solution