Motherboard's VGA problem (I think)

ghostdenis3

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017
So I was running a dual monitor setup. One of the monitors is connected to a HDMI port in my GPU and the other was connected in a VGA port in my motherboard. (It only has a VGA socket, that's why I am using a VGA). So last day I normally shut down the PC and went to the university. When I came back and I've started the PC the second monitor (the one conected to the VGA) was not working anymore. I tought the problem was the monitor, but it turns on and sees that there is a VGA cable connected to it. So then I tought it would be the VGA cable. I've tried another one, still the same result. I've also tried the both VGA cables to my first monitor in case my second one had a problem to it's VGA port but I also got no signal on the main monitor using both of the cables. So now, excluding all the posibilities above, I've came to the conclusion that the problem would be the motherboard's VGA socket? If that is the case, can I do anything about it? Sorry if my English is not the best.

Solution
If it was a motherboard fault, iGPU should still be listed there, probably with some kind of error. If it is not there, the only reason I know is that it has been disabled in BIOS. Go to BIOS and check if it is correctly set for using multiple GPU (details depend on motherboard).
If your motherboard has other display outputs, I would test them too on first monitor. If only VGA port is not working, that would be a problem with motherboard. But if several/all ports are not displaying anything, it could be a problem with CPU.

ghostdenis3

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017

It has another DVI-D socket but I sadly have no adapter for that, I also have one for DVI. And I also couldn't find any in my town (VGA to DVI-D).

ghostdenis3

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017

It also has a DVI-D socket, but I have no cable for that.

If it was a motherboard fault, iGPU should still be listed there, probably with some kind of error. If it is not there, the only reason I know is that it has been disabled in BIOS. Go to BIOS and check if it is correctly set for using multiple GPU (details depend on motherboard).

Solution