Question Motion Blur ?

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
So I have an Dell Alienware AW2723DF monitor.

Lately I've noticed in Call of Duty that if im moving around too fast it's like motion blur is on which it isn't, Also i very no frame drops when it happens, it makes no sense I have no motion blur enabled anywhere.

I have my frames capped a 240 in multiplayer because if I don'myny frames go over 300 which I know will cause blur and Screen tearing, in OSD I have refresh time set to super fast not extreme.

I my question, is there any way I can test the monitor for motion blur without playing call of duty or a video game? I know they have that website UFO but I've never used it so I don't even know how to use it or easy in looking for? I just want to make sure that the monitor is not bad.

Also my drivers haven't been updated in a while I think I'm about 4 months past because the driver I run used to be the best one for call of duty but I'm not sure if still is.

Reviews of your monitor talk about your monitors tendency to have motion blur. Have you tried a lower refresh rate, I don't think you need 280hz refresh rate. for Call of duty. Also, you can try capping your fps to match your refresh rate, deducting 1 or 2 fps lower than your refresh rate used.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Lately I've noticed in Call of Duty that if im moving around too fast it's like motion blur is on which it isn't
It's your eyes that cause the motion blur effect.

Normal person eye sight is between 60 Hz to 90 Hz. Anything faster than that, causes blur.
E.g your monitor can do up to 280 Hz. If you spin the image fast, ~ at 120Hz rate, your eyes and in turn, your brain, can't keep up with that, resulting in a blur effect.

Some people, in very specific situations, can see ~500Hz, but i don't think you'd be one of those.
Further reading: https://www.howtogeek.com/888948/how-many-fps-can-the-human-eye-see/

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
Reviews of your monitor talk about your monitors tendency to have motion blur. Have you tried a lower refresh rate, I don't think you need 280hz refresh rate. for Call of duty. Also, you can try capping your fps to match your refresh rate, deducting 1 or 2 fps lower than your refresh rate used.
I'm running it at 240 capped at 235 im going to do a cap with rivatuner instead of in Game as i rat capping games in the Gane settings can cause issues, I've read about the extreme setting for my monitor in OSD for response causing gray to gray issues so super fast is the best option but i couldn't find articles on motion blur I'll look again.

in competitive fps you need the highest frames you can get, so you need your monitor on the highest hrtz possible to get those frames.

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
It's your eyes that cause the motion blur effect.

Normal person eye sight is between 60 Hz to 90 Hz. Anything faster than that, causes blur.
E.g your monitor can do up to 280 Hz. If you spin the image fast, ~ at 120Hz rate, your eyes and in turn, your brain, can't keep up with that, resulting in a blur effect.

Some people, in very specific situations, can see ~500Hz, but i don't think you'd be one of those.
Further reading: https://www.howtogeek.com/888948/how-many-fps-can-the-human-eye-see/
No the game actually bugs out like things don't render fast enough so there's a motion blur affect, I loaded up Apex and it didn't do it as bad on there, it doesn't do it all the time on cod though just when I'm running around super fast , in cod you can't disable AA either so I've read alot effete people say it's the game, I just want to make sure it's not my system, I dint understand how to use the ufo test thing but I ran it last night and visually looked fine but I didn't get no information on if there were issues

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
like things don't render fast enough
Either:
* game issue
* RAM issue
* storage drive issue (where game is installed)
* or whole system is bogged down, making loading of any data slower than usual.

I've read alot effete people say it's the game
Could very well be, yes. Since game engine defines how fast it loads the items in. It can choke when you speedhack past the normal load-in time, what devs thought normal gameplay would require.