Question Motion Blur ?

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
So I have an Dell Alienware AW2723DF monitor.

Lately I've noticed in Call of Duty that if im moving around too fast it's like motion blur is on which it isn't, Also i very no frame drops when it happens, it makes no sense I have no motion blur enabled anywhere.

I have my frames capped a 240 in multiplayer because if I don'myny frames go over 300 which I know will cause blur and Screen tearing, in OSD I have refresh time set to super fast not extreme.

I my question, is there any way I can test the monitor for motion blur without playing call of duty or a video game? I know they have that website UFO but I've never used it so I don't even know how to use it or easy in looking for? I just want to make sure that the monitor is not bad.

Also my drivers haven't been updated in a while I think I'm about 4 months past because the driver I run used to be the best one for call of duty but I'm not sure if still is.

Reviews of your monitor talk about your monitors tendency to have motion blur. Have you tried a lower refresh rate, I don't think you need 280hz refresh rate. for Call of duty. Also, you can try capping your fps to match your refresh rate, deducting 1 or 2 fps lower than your refresh rate used.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Lately I've noticed in Call of Duty that if im moving around too fast it's like motion blur is on which it isn't
It's your eyes that cause the motion blur effect.

Normal person eye sight is between 60 Hz to 90 Hz. Anything faster than that, causes blur.
E.g your monitor can do up to 280 Hz. If you spin the image fast, ~ at 120Hz rate, your eyes and in turn, your brain, can't keep up with that, resulting in a blur effect.

Some people, in very specific situations, can see ~500Hz, but i don't think you'd be one of those.
Further reading: https://www.howtogeek.com/888948/how-many-fps-can-the-human-eye-see/