Motorola Launches Three New Droid RAZR Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

booyaah

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
'Although they will ship with Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich," Motorola promises a v4.1 "Jelly Bean" update by 2013.'

lol...yeah right, I've been waiting over a year for ICS on my Bionic.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]booyaah[/nom]lol...yeah right, I've been waiting over a year for ICS on my Bionic.[/citation]
Impressive, since the Bionic was launched less than a year ago. And almost everyone is still waiting for ICS, very few phones have been updated so far.

Why don't you ask some Thunderbolt owners how they feel about their wait for ICS?

halcyon

Splendid
I moved back to an iPhone 4S earlier this year but I had some devices with ICS. I liked ICS fine and would be more than happy with a device with a solid working version of it. I haven't been keeping up, does Jelly Bean do something game-changing that makes it a must-have or is simply the latest?

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009

Jelly Bean involves a lot of code changes to ICS that make it smoother and faster. As well as some added features (I don't remember which off the top of my head except for the new voice search.) It's nice - game changing - depends on how you qauntify that.

Yargnit

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]GreaseMonkey_62[/nom]Jelly Bean involves a lot of code changes to ICS that make it smoother and faster. As well as some added features (I don't remember which off the top of my head except for the new voice search.) It's nice - game changing - depends on how you qauntify that.[/citation]

Don't forget it kills flash support. I'll probably be looking exclusively at ICS phones it phones with I'VE community downgrades available in the future because of this. Smoother doesn't matter if you lose one of the main reasons for choosing Android in the first place.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Look Ma, no plastic!!!!

Dont mind a good plastic backing. Phones are only usable for at the most 2 years before they become obsolete. What is the sense of having a metal finish when a good plastic is more than adequate and can withstand falls better than brushed aluminum or steel which are prone to denting.

I know that iCrap zombies like metal backing thinking that it gives their phone a look of being high quality, but you cant even exchange a battery from one of those tiny screened Apple prisons...

[citation][nom]GreaseMonkey_62[/nom]I love my current Moto phone. Now if they could just offer one unlocked that would be awesome.[/citation]
They claim they'll put out developer versions, as well.

[citation][nom]hate machine[/nom]Motorola is drifting farther and farther away from Blur and closer to Vanilla. It is nice...[/citation]
They belong to Google now, 'about time.

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
Like the design of the Razr M! A 4.3" screen on something the size of the HTC MyTouch 4G? I'd be totally game if I used Verizon =/ but very nice!

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
[citation][nom]booyaah[/nom]'Although they will ship with Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich," Motorola promises a v4.1 "Jelly Bean" update by 2013.'lol...yeah right, I've been waiting over a year for ICS on my Bionic.[/citation]
A friend of mine has ICS on his Bionic. Not sure if he rooted.

halcyon

Splendid

Yes, plastic will do the job. Cloth seats will do the job in a car too, yet many prefer leather. There is nothing wrong with having a plastic backing on a phone. ...but I'll happily take the Kevlar and aluminum thank you very much.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i would love to see a motorola razer tablet... just saying

as for phones i will stick with the nexus line... mine came with 4.0 and now is at 4.0.4 and supposedly is pushing out the 4.1 later this month

G

Every time I read a smartphone article I can't help but laugh out loud thinking of the ridiculously inflated prices people pay for them. Its not like there is any shortage in supply and they drop like half the value in just one year, talk about waste of money for no meaningfull realworld performance increase. marketing mass-hypnosis at its finest.

halcyon

Splendid
Yeah, its too bad these will only be on Verizon. If they were cross-carrier they'd really be competition to the iPhone and could make the Galaxy III highly forgettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.