Mouse and Keyboard Flicker

WrektGlitch

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
I have this issue where my mouse and keyboard will flicker off for a second, and come right back on at random times. I've disabled power saving options, and it didn't work. I know it's not a motherboard issue, or a USB 3.0 issue, because I just swapped motherboards, and the old one had no USB 3.0 ports, and it was happening on there, too. I've checked connections on both devices, and they're fully connected. I need some help. Thanks for your time.

Sinlol

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
Do you have another PSU around? it could be your power supply pooping out.
Thats the only thing i can think of happening if BOTH your keyboard and mouse are flickering.

Also, if you want another opinion other than mine. call Cyberpower, their support is actually pretty good. I've bought form them before. and had an issue. on the first call there they found out the problem almost instant. my gpu had died. and i thought it was something else.

WrektGlitch

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
Do you think it could be my PSU being too weak? I don't have another one around, but I wanna replace it anyway.

Setup:
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
AMD FX-4300
PNY 4GB GTX 960
1TB HDD
Corsair H60
3x ThermalTake Riing 120MM case fans
EVGA 400W PSU

Sinlol

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
Im just going out on a limb here, I think the cause might be when your CPU/RAM needs some juice from your PSU to run something. It's cutting out your usb ports.
I feel the sweet spot for most builds are around 500-650w
Im not a hardware wiz or anything so these are just ideas. but makes since though?

TRENDING THREADS