[SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard sendiing multiple signals on new system

Sep 1, 2019
Hey guys, so i have a new PC and am using my Logitech 910 keyboarrd and RAT TE mouse, both woorked perfectly on my old pc but on the new one im having issues with them sending multiple signals per press of keys/buttons.

I have installed (and reinstalled) drivers for both and the USB drivers but am still having these problems, the mouse multiclicks a lot on right and middle presses, left clicks seem to happen less often, and the keyboard just randomly types double per press. (as you can see in this post my keyboard double pressed once in the title and twice during the message)

If anyone has any ideas on how to think this as its driving me insane that would be grreat
Thanks

Solution
Other than hardware problems, the only other time I have seen issues like this is when Updates keep Windows very tied up. This is noticeable due to latency as you type.

I have also seen issues where BIOS settings can interfere with mouse/keyboard operation, but generally this is a working/ not working-type issue.

What motherboard or PC model is this?

Ralston18

Titan
Windows 10 has a quite a number of configuration options for keyboards and mice.

Type either "keyboard" or "mouse" into the "Type here to search" box (usually lower left screen corner).

Look through the available options - you may need to drill down a number of options, menus, etc.. to find the necessary setting.

"Sticky keys" is a likely adjustment.

Do remember that the keyboard and mouse may have their own custom configuration screens / control panel somewhere.

Sep 1, 2019
unfortunately it has nothing to do with "double click speed" on the mouse settings or "character repeat" on the keyboard settings, both are weird intermittent problems if it was the settings it should be a consistant issue

Sep 1, 2019
yes, it was an issue before i got the software i hoped getting the logitec and madcatz gaming software would fix the issue but it didnt, on my old PC i had the software for both installed and had no issues, currently im not sure if its a mouse/keyboard issue or just a USB issue

Other than hardware problems, the only other time I have seen issues like this is when Updates keep Windows very tied up. This is noticeable due to latency as you type.

I have also seen issues where BIOS settings can interfere with mouse/keyboard operation, but generally this is a working/ not working-type issue.

What motherboard or PC model is this?

Solution