Question Mouse curser freezes once in a while

Jul 24, 2024
Hello everyone!

I have been dealing with a problem with my mouse for the last couple of days. I have been looking through several YouTube Videos and forums for possible fixes. I have managed to find people who have the same problem as me, but I cannot seem to find the fix for it.

The problem with my mouse is that my mouse curser randomly stops moving once in a while - usually between 2-5 seconds, but sometimes as long as 20 seconds. Whilst this happens, I do not hear a disconnect sound and the lights in my mouse are still on, indicating that the mouse is connected and on as well. Furthermore, whenever the freeze stops, the curser snaps to the position it would have been in, if it had not frozen. Sometimes this issue starts the moment I boot my PC, and sometimes it starts after an hour or two of using my PC.

I also want to mention that this does not happen in any specific app and I don't remember installing any specific prior to the issue.

My PC specs and settings are as following
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/date: American Megatrends Inc. 2208, 09/07/2021
Motherboard: Asus Prime B365M-A
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060
SSD: 222GB, 12,6 Free
SSD2: 465GB, 96,4 Free
HDD: 931 GB, 719 Free
PSU: 600W I believe
Mouse: Logitech G402 (Wired)

I have tried the following solutions which I have found on other forums
  • Updated, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for mouse and display adapters
    • Also, there is only one "mouse" in device manager
  • Performed rollbacks on drivers as well
  • Tried 3 different USB Ports
  • Unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in my USB power management settings
    • I did this for my mouse as well
  • Uninstalled Logitech G HUB
  • Reinstalled Logitech G HUB
  • Updated BIOS Version to the latest
  • Disabled "Enhance pointer precision" - Its always off
  • Installed GeForce Experience
  • Looked at Task Manager for spikes in usage
  • Tried a different mouse
    • seems to work, have not had any issues yet. I don't know if buying the same mouse would make the problem appear again
  • Clean the censor on the mouse
  • Downloaded latest Firmware for my mouse
  • Tried a different PC
    • This also seemed to work, but as I mentioned earlier, sometimes the issue occurs after a couple of hours of usage. I have not tried it for several hours on a different PC
  • Turned off USB Selective Suspend
Thank you in advance