Mouse cursor has a mind of its own

G

hi im new to this and ive never posted anything like this before so i hope its ok lol anyways i was sat on my pc the other day and my mouse cursor suddenly started wiggling about on the screen, when i move the mouse the cursor is responsive and i can still use it to an extent if i turn the settings to lowest possible setting, i have tried another usb mouse and even an old school connection mouse ( sorry dont know what that connection is called) . . . ive ran multiple anti virus programs and malware and spyware programs but i still have got no were, ive even changed the hard drive and installed windows 7 again but it still happens on the other drive too . . . im totally lost and i would really appreciate it if someone could help me

Pc Specs

i7 860 stock
packard bell g5800 motherboard
8gb samsung ddr3 memory
750 watt novatech power station modular psu
gtx 560 ti at stock
gigabyte m6900 gaming mouse
standard usb keyboard

G

its on a black ozone gaming mouse matt but thank you for posting a comment :)

are you sure someone did not dial into your pc remotly and is moving the mouse on you?? have you tried booting into safe mode without network support and see if the mouse work fine. if it does i would use malware and an virus scan :)

I would try the following:
1) Power off. Move the USB connection to different usb port on the PC. Power on.
2) Power off. Replace the mouse using a different usb port on the PC. Power on.
3) Power off. Replace the keyboard using a different usb port on the PC. Power on.

If none of these items work - I would think you have an issue with the USB controller on the motherboard.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
My mouse does that every once in a while. 99% of the time it means I have to clean the cat hair out of the optical sensor.

Since yours has an optical sensor and not a laser sensor, you have to have something with a visible texture like a grid.
Something with lines in 1 direction (like wood grain) will not work.

G

i use an ozone gaming surface which is black and ive used it for moths with no issues till this problem but thank you for the comments ppl they are much appreciated ;)

@i still need help on this issue if anyone had a fix for me :)

Like RoninTexas said it has got to be the usb controller on your motherboard, but if the cursor moves without having mouse even plugged in then it also has got to be some sort of driver or registry problem at the same time, but yet again you said that you did a fresh install of windows 7 so this means that the only constant between both installs of windows 7 would be the physical hardware of the computer and the same copy of windows 7 so it could be one of 2 things: 1) faulty motherboard, and/or 2) Corrupt copy of Windows 7. I would start by getting into contact with your motherboard manufacturer and if they cant figure it out call Microsoft and deal with them until resolved.

Charles Patridge

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
Believe it or not - I tried a few things ut none worked.

When I actually changed my mouse pad, the erradatic mouse movements disappeared.

Try a different mouse pad - it is a cheap easy way to see if this will fix your problem.

HTH,
Charles Patridge

If it's happening w/o a mouse plugged in I don't think a mouse pad will help. Perhaps your USB drivers are corrupted. You could go into the device manager and delete all the USB hubs. Then the system will detect them and reinstall the drivers see if that helps.

YendorZ

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
This is not a USB problem. I have a PS2 (Mini-DIN) connector mouse, and occasionally the mouse cursor zooms to the bottom left corner of the screen. VERY annoying. Does it even with a brand-new mouse. Windows7 x64.

mickey1992

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
i had the same problem with my mouse even though it was unplugged the pointer moved around the screen when finally i entered "device manager" and saw under "mice and other pointing device " i saw 2 things plugged in i uninstalled 1 and my mice dident work so i replugged it to the pc and uninstalled the other 1 and it did it and i never saw that problem again

Carolyn_1

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
In my case, the mouse had two controls--each working against the other--making the mouse erratic. Somehow both the synaptic and Elan were operating--making the mouse unusable, both on the laptop mouse and a separate mouse. By returning to only Elan--turning off the synaptic--the mouse does not have a mind of its own. I don't fully understand it, but it seems the mouse that came with the computer was being overtaken by another downloaded alternative that needed to be disabled. Once that was done, the mouse has not moved on its own.

getsome_

Reputable
Nov 16, 2015
Hi There I just purchased this mouse googled and come across this feed who would of thought something as simple as a mouse pad. I can confirm i tried this and bingo.

Thankyou.

TRENDING THREADS