Mouse driver info wanted

Hello all
This is the wrong group I know.
My motherboard is a MSI 6330 v5.0
Have been using a Genius Netscroll mouse, did not work to bad on Windows
98se and also in real DOS mode.
Now I have a MS Standard Wireless Optical mouse model 1025.
The receiver goes into the USB port.
Missing the options of the Genius mouse, which where very handy.
Is there a way to get this mouse working in real DOS mode and what drivers
are needed.
No drivers came with the mouse, it is using the W98se drivers.
Anyone who can give a opinion
Thanks Bert.
Still a Merry Christmas to all.

Have you turned on USB Legacy support in the BIOS?

Then load the mouse drivers as needed by autoexec.bat and config.sys... you
might have to use generic drivers and lose the special sauce for the extra
buttons, but at least you should be able to mouse around and left/right
click.

Tim

"Bert" <lijbertv_at_xsinet_dot_co_dot_za> wrote in message
> Hello all
> This is the wrong group I know.
> My motherboard is a MSI 6330 v5.0
> Have been using a Genius Netscroll mouse, did not work to bad on Windows
> 98se and also in real DOS mode.
> Now I have a MS Standard Wireless Optical mouse model 1025.
> The receiver goes into the USB port.
> Missing the options of the Genius mouse, which where very handy.
> Is there a way to get this mouse working in real DOS mode and what drivers
> are needed.
> No drivers came with the mouse, it is using the W98se drivers.
> Anyone who can give a opinion
> Thanks Bert.
> Still a Merry Christmas to all.

First download IntelliPoint 4.12 from Microsoft.
This will give all options needed in the driver.
Enable USB mouse support in the bios.
Use old DOS mouse driver to get this working.
Hope it might help someone with similar problems.
Greetings
Bert.