Mouse feels slow / input lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2018
Hi, basically I've been struggling with this problem for about 3 to 4 months now. I've legit tried so many things, I really wouldn't know what the problem could be anymore (formatted my pc about 10 times to different Windows versions for ex.). Before anyone says it's placebo - it really isn't. I've been to several LANs and played on different pc's (even my old pc feels better with less FPS) and the mouse feels much more ''crisp, sharp'' (best explanation I can come up with).

The only suspicion I have is that it's either my mobo or PSU giving me this trouble.

My specs:

i7 6700k
ASRock Z170 Pro4S
16 GB DDR4 ram
240GB SSD and a 1TB HDD

not sure what PSU I have actually.

some stats when idle -

https://gyazo.com/9649c679544ee33c99bad1a31cded6e6
https://gyazo.com/6b06b180cbb4493c59e37ce7b353604a

I will legit love the person who can tell me what's causing this, I've always loved gaming and am quite competitive, this mouse thing really is destroying my gaming experience and just makes me not want to game.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Reactions: nicko30
Jun 23, 2018

Haven't tried a different GPU but I'm sure I'd notice the refresh rate being 60 for example. Like I said it's really a mouse-feel problem, my mouse just feels really off and floaty.

Are you using a USB3 port, or USB2?
Try USB 2 if the board has one and you are on 3.

Also check for BIOS updates and reset the BIOS settings.

I'm was thinking there might be an output delay between the GPU and the Monitor, as in the monitor is refreshing a second later than the movement, which makes it feel sluggish.

Jun 23, 2018

How would I be able to check/fix that? And I've reset my BIOS back to default, I don't know how to update it though. It seemed quite difficult when I looked into it, but if you think it can help I'd gladly try!

fatehasfans

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2016
I have the same issue - tried everything (driver, hardware, reformat, old windows) yet no one seems to know. Are certain new hardware promoting confliction?

Mouse feels super sloppy in bios too but carries over into windows but in windows its more subtle, feels like I'm moving mouse over glass every now and then - like micro stuttering or something bottlenecking or not enough power getting somewhere.

I've changed all windows power options and Nvidia control panel settings, nothing. I'm thinking its a USB conflict somewhere or that my mobo doesn't work well with my processor - out of ideas :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.