Question Mouse feels weird ?

Jul 29, 2023
Please keep it to 1 thread.
Hey! I have been having an issue with my Logitech G Pro Superlight for months and i cant seem to solve it.

So the mouse movement feels very sharp and clean when i start my pc but after like 10 minutes of use it becomes floaty and weird. It makes aiming in games impossible and its a really weird thing to explain. So the interesting thing is that anytime i do something about it, change a bios setting, try different cable etc it works fine for a longer time, maybe even a few days but then the problem comes back. The mouse itself can't be the problem because i tried another mouse and the same problem happened.

EDIT: i didnt include my pc specs because it simply can't be the problem, i have a good processor, enough ram stb, and i made sure i have a good enough power supply too.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2023
Hi! I've been having an issue with mouse latency lately and recently i found out that its related to electricity/power.
So at startup my mouse was always sharp but after a little time it became floaty and delayed, if i turn on power saving mode both in windows and bios the sharpness and great feel lasts longer but the problem still comes back (altough its not as bad as before). Considering my PC parts is my PSU too weak to handle it or is it a problem with my outlet/power cable or something like that? Any ideas?

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400f
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050ti
RAM: 16 gb DDR4 2600mhz
Motherboard: Asus Prime h410m-r
PSU: CoolerMaster MWE Bronze 500W
Idk how much it matters but:
2 SSD-s (120gb and 256 gb)
1 HDD 500gb

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Manager to observe system performance.

Use both tools but only one tool at a time.

After starting up immediately open the tool window and drag the window to one side (or a second monitor if available) to observe system performance.

Try to discover what changes when the mouse becomes "floaty and delayed".

My thought is that some some background app launched at startup is trying to do something. Or perhaps something is being triggered via Task Scheduler.

Another way to find out more is Resource History/Monitor. Look for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the times the mouse behavior changes.

Jul 29, 2023
Use Task Manager and Resource Manager to observe system performance.

Use both tools but only one tool at a time.

After starting up immediately open the tool window and drag the window to one side (or a second monitor if available) to observe system performance.

Try to discover what changes when the mouse becomes "floaty and delayed".

My thought is that some some background app launched at startup is trying to do something. Or perhaps something is being triggered via Task Scheduler.

Another way to find out more is Resource History/Monitor. Look for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the times the mouse behavior changes.
I have completely reinstalled windows 3 times already with all the disks being wiped since i didnt have anything important on the pc. If it was a background task causing the problem then it should have been solved by that i think. Its most likely related to my PSU but i dont know if its an electricity problem or my psu is failing

Ralston18

Titan
Agree: Unlikely to be a background task unless you, after reinstalling windows, likewise reinstalled other favorite apps or utilities. Thus reintroducing the problem.

That said, the CoolerMaster MWE Bronze 500W PSU is certainly a potential culprit. Age? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

Things you can do:

1) Power down, unplug, open the case. Clean out dust and debris.

2) Verify by sight and feel that all connections, cards,RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

3) Inspect for any signs of damage.

4) Swap in another PSU for testing purposes. Remember to use only the cables that come with any given PSU for the swap. Do not mix and match PSU cables.

5) Test the current PSU. If you have a multimeter and know how to use, or known someone who does, the PSU can be tested to some extent. Not a full test because the PSU is not underload. However, any voltages out of tolerance make the PSU suspect.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

For more information about PSU's:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

TRENDING THREADS