Question Mouse input problem while in games

Jan 29, 2021
I’ve been having this weird issue since I built my first PC a few months ago.

When I play certain games like Paladins, Valorant and Kovaak 2.0 and I’m pushing down the left or right click while dragging my cursor to the left side of the screen all at the same time and in a swift motion, my character keeps firing his weapon (left click) or keeps aiming (right click) until I press down the mouse input again... I find it really weird that the issue doesn’t trigger whenever I flick on the right side of the screen. Also, this problem do not apply while playing Overwatch (no clue why) and I can’t seem to be able to recreate this issue while on the Windows desktop either. I notice it only in games.

Here’s what I tried so far :
  1. I did every Windows Update, have my BIOS and Chipset drivers up to date (and pretty much every relevent drivers as I’m aware of)
  2. I tried using another mouse to make sure it wasn’t a problem related to the peripheral (my main mouse being the Glorious Model O). The issue persist even with other mice
  3. I updated the mouse driver with the mouse’s Software (Glorious Core)
  4. Using other USB ports
  5. Uninstalled the mouse driver and restarted the PC
  6. Ran Windows Troubleshooter
  7. Performed a Clean Boot , with the issue still remaining while in game
  8. Performed sfc /scannow in the command prompt. With no issue being detected
  9. Disabled Clicklock in the Mouse properties
  10. Disabled Hide pointer while typing in Mouse properties (probably irrelevant.. but some other threads recommended it).
I also want to mention that I save every thing from my PC (including games) into my single SSD.

I tried everything I possibly could, yet I can’t find anything on the web that can help me. Any help would be very appreciated !

Here’s my core PC parts:
GPU : EVGA GeForce RTX 3070
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard : b550 Aorus Pro AC
Memory : Corsair 16 GB (8+8) ram ddr4
Disk Drive : Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Mouse : Glorious Model O Wireless

Last edited: